SLIS Students Digitize Unique Detroit Historical Society Materials
SLIS students in Professor Kim Schroeder’s Digital Imaging course are digitizing a wide array of materials for the Detroit Historical Society, making fascinating bits of history available online. They have written blog posts discussing the unique items they have have digitized. Check them out!
- Edras Rodriguez-Torres writes about one prominent early owner of the Packard Eight Limousine–Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah, aka, the Aga Khan.
- Dallas Pillen sheds light on the small role that a single Packard automobile played in the Mexican Revolution.
- Jessica Keener uncovers the fact that Einstein wrote ads for the Packard Motor Car Company. (Ok, admittedly–not that Einstein!).
- Robert Kett explores how Packard’s inclusive advertising campaign led to a loss of prestige in the luxury automobile market.
- Sarah Marsack delves into how major automobile companies have celebrated their anniversaries.
Stay tuned, there are more student blog posts uncovering the treasures of Detroit to come!