Jan 22 / Kristina

Scavenger Tree Hunt

The process for this project was interesting, but what made it interesting was to see the direction we took to go about it. Before my group and I made a decision we decided that we would go out and take pictures of the entire alphabet from the subject we had, then next class period we would take it from there.

To help you understand what I mean, below is a description and some images of my work.

CURVY 

Our group had the subject Curvy . Each of us brought in our photo’s of what we found to describe the word curvy.  We then came across one image that had the perfect letter B and you would have never guess what it was found as, a tree. So we decided that we would take pictures of the alphabet in trees. As a group, we felt that we were successful in capturing all the letters in the trees, unfortunately here were some that we found that wasn’t.

Description Complete a formally cohesive alphabet within a formal system Formal System

C.U.R.V.Y     U+21B6.svg     

Words My Group & I came up with to describe the word CURVY

organic

elegant

loose

sleek

fancy

flowly

no straight edge

Before my made a final decision on what exactly we were going to do I went out trying to find a few images of my own ideas of curvy..

J

J

L

L

m

m

M

m

O

O

P

P

S

S

V

T (The T is really only curvy at the bottom so it didn't work to well, but I decided to post it anyway just to show ^^)

T (The T is really only curvy at the bottom so it didn’t work to well, but I decided to post it anyway just to show ^^)

V

V

U+219D.svg Our Definition of Curvy ” A type face that can be defined as organic, loose, flowy forms that contain an elegant.

My groups final decision was to find letter in trees..

≥•≤

Here are some of the letter’s that I found..

Here is one of my successful ones. The letter V. I love how the background is clear and you can see the letter obviously.

The letter y, If you look closley it almost looks like a Y and a L (one least successful)

Here are P and Q. I thought it was really cool how close up they were to one another. (one of my least successful)

I found a P in this tree but it can come across as a D. (wasn't successful but I still think it was pretty nice)

I found a P in this tree but it can come across as a D. (wasn’t successful but I still think it was pretty nice)

For my Scavenger Hunt project, I had two other partners that helped me to complete the projects. Their names and blog links are as follows:

Sarah

https://blogs.wayne.edu/sarahg14

Rana

https://blogs.wayne.edu/ranahammoud/