Network Specialist Job Opportunity – Christian Financial Credit Union
Title: Network Specialist
Christian Financial Credit Union
Reports to: Information Systems Manager
Perform general network maintenance on LAN relating to users, contexts, and network devices. Assist in server and infrastructure upgrades and expansions. Monitor cables and ensure reliable connectivity to the network. Assist with network troubleshooting and maintaining data integrity.
Network Specialist Job Duties Include:
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues. Recommends process improvements and best practices.
• Proactively participates in team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Regularly travels to branch locations within Macomb County and Wayne County as needed.
• Evening and weekend hours may be required.
• Installs, configures, and tests equipment.
• Establishes connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintains documentation.
• Performs system administration on Windows Servers and Windows operating systems. Specific duties include installing and maintaining operating systems, software packages, network printers, and performing security audits on Windows platforms.
• Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities. Configures/adds new services as necessary.
• Assists in moving PC equipment to different locations.
• Maintains safekeeping of equipment and supplies.
• Performs remote maintenance on system when required.
• Suggests training ideas for users based upon interaction from resolving support requests.
• Performs daily backups of all systems and ensures safe management of media in accordance with disaster recovery plan.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership of new and different assignments as assigned; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• This position maintains no budget responsibility.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor (4-year) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field required.
• The following experience is strongly preferred. Experience obtained on-the-job or as part of a degree program or through other specialized training may be considered.
o Experience with, and a good working knowledge of, Windows Operating Systems and Windows Server.
o Working knowledge of general networking protocols.
o LAN Knowledge.
o Knowledge of Microsoft product line, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
o Capable of troubleshooting computer networks and hardware components.
o Good working knowledge of computer security.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, use a keyboard, talk and hear. The employee is also required to drive, walk, climb, reach with hands and arms; and stoop or kneel. The employee must be able to lift and or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
Applicants can apply by sending a resume and cover letter to HR@cfcumail.org.