Full-Time, Electrical Engineering Positions for BS or MS Students Fluent in Mandarin / Chinese
WSU Engineering Alum ’02, Dr. Rod Hadi is the Director of Engineering at ERICO International. He is seeking Electrical Engineering candidates to be trained in Cleveland and after 6 months to a year be relocated to Shanghai.
ERICO is a leading designer, and manufacturer of precision-engineered specialty metal products serving global niche product markets in a diverse range of electrical, commercial and industrial construction, utility and rail applications.
ERICO currently has an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer to support the company’s growth in Asia, out of our Shanghai office. The engineer is responsible for product design and application engineering. This position is best suited for an energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven individual who is looking to join a solid, high-growth international company that has been headquartered in the Cleveland, Ohio area since 1903.
• Design and develop new products for the ERICO Electrical product line as a member of cross-functional teams.
• Support the ERICO commercial team.
• Provide technical guidance to customers, industry organizations and other ERICO teams, including sourcing, quality and manufacturing.
• Direct the work of designers, drafters, lab technicians, etc. in the design, analysis, prototyping and testing of new products.
• Assist with the resolution of technical issues related to product design, system design, and compliance with industry standards
• BS and MS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• 0-7 years experience as a practicing Electrical engineer with evidence of success on complex projects.
• Knowledge in the area of grounding and bonding of electrical systems is highly preferred.
• Must possess project management experience in all phases of product development.
• Performing Design of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
• Must have advanced knowledge of electrical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable codes, standards and acceptable industry practises.
• Must possess competent analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
• Preferred statistical design skills include: Six Sigma, Design of Experiments, Robust Engineering, SolidWorks, etc.
Competitive annual salary, with solid performance-based bonus potential.
Competitive medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
If you are interested in this opportunity to work for ERICO International that starts in Ohio and then permanently located in Shanghai, then send your cover letter and resume to Dr. Rod Hadi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is a great time to be a WSU Engineer!