Sep 18 / Maryvi Nguyen

Project 2 (process):

Processed with VSCOcam with m3 preset

“I feel like I just changed your guy’s lives forever. This day forward, you won’t be able to walk around without pointing out bad typography.”  -Dan

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with m5 preset

9/18: When I first started working on this project, it was a bit confusing when it came to directions and making sure everything was perfect. After getting started, I was on track and working past it fairly quick. I’ve always been more attached to the creative side of art where I made what I felt and didn’t consider the harsh labor of making specific projects for clients, and being bounded in a set of rules.  I definitely needed to learn about discipline, long hours relying on the same concept, and sitting inside a grid. This project made me appreciate that side of art because in order to make a living in this art industry, I have to learn discipline and rules.

Process work

9/19: 1.2 of part 1 was all about the brain juice! Examining the font family and coming up with words to describe the font took more effort than I thought. Instead of sitting around looking through a thesaurus, I explained the project to my group of friends and we came up a list of words we thought fit the font style. That way, it was more fun and got people involved. They didn’t realize how hard it was and how much work it actually took for a simple task. Mini bickering went back and fourth when coming up with words but it was all fun and games. In the end we narrowed down the words we liked most!

[Proficient  Formal Organized Maintained Stationary Frank Resolute Essential Unambiguous]

BV6NVbACQAAWvc6

911410 6587

2.2 X2.2 G2.2 O 2.2 H

9/24: Part 2.2!

15141312

10/6: Part 2.3!