Muskegon Public Schools – Executive Director of Academic Services
Date Posted: 6/16/2016
Location: Administration Building
Date of Availability: July 2016
Date Closing: June 29, 2016
Posting: #99 – Apply Now
Deadline: June 29, 2016
The Executive Director of Academic Services will oversee, manage, and lead the development and implementation of the District’s K-12 academic programming.
- Masters or higher degree with coursework in Educational Leadership/Administration.
- Valid Michigan teaching AND administrator certificate.
- Five years of experience in school administration.
- Four years of experience as a K-12 educator.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of research, Common Core Standards (CCS), comprehensive assessment systems, and practice in curriculum, instruction, assessment and technology.
- Capable and experienced project manager with a record of completing projects and tasks on time and on budget.
- Effective manager of people with the proven ability to build the capacity of others and develop leaders.
- Knowledgeable about change management and quickly able to establish credibility among team members.
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate to a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders for a variety of purposes.
- Documented understanding of strategic planning and standards-based reform and accountability.
- Understanding of Curriculum Management Systems (CMS) programs.
- Understanding of NWEA assessment program.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal graduation, curriculum and assessment requirements and current policy related to CCS. Knowledge of the NGSS.
- Collaborates with the Superintendent, the Principal and staff to coordinate school-wide curriculum development and alignment with the Common Core Standards.
- Recommends, organizes, and coordinates implementation of staff development activities designed to address School Improvement Goals in collaboration with the Superintendent and the Principal.
- Conducts classroom walk-throughs.
- Compiles information and completes local, state, and federal reports, applications and updates for MDE.
- Coordinates and provides oversight for the Summer School Program.
- Coordinates, provides oversight, and evaluates the following programs and staff: Gifted and Talented, Bilingual, and Specials (PE, Art, Music, and Technology).
- Keeps abreast of developments in curriculum and instruction, and furnishes leadership in determining their appropriateness for inclusion in the school’s educational program.
- Directs the creation and publication of all curriculum guides and materials prepared by and to be distributed among the instructional staff.
- Coordinates the study, evaluation, and as appropriate, the recommendation for adoption of new instructional materials, methods, and programs.
- Establishes a program for the ongoing evaluation of instruction.
- Assists in the development and coordination of the sections of the budget that pertain to curriculum and instruction.
- Develops and monitors the MDE and Federal Title budgets.
Writes and monitors Title grants.
- Observes special programs staff in their classrooms and offers insights for the enhancement of the teaching-learning situation to the administrative team.
- Assists in the recruitment, screening, hiring, training, and assigning of instructional personnel.
- Serves as a member of the administrative team established by the Superintendent.
- Participates in the determination and establishment of short and long-range goals for school’s instructional program.
- Participates in the work of state and national curriculum associations by holding memberships, attending meetings, conferences, and study groups. Attendance at meetings and conferences shall be approved by the Superintendent.
- Provides assistance, review and coordination of grants with staff and administrators.
- Demonstrates professional, ethical and responsible behavior.
- Maintains confidentiality in the conduct of school business.
- Accountable for the effective completion of required local, state, and federal programs, design of a standards-based curriculum, special programs staff, MDE, Federal Title, and District curricular plans, and partnerships with local, state, and federal entities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Please apply through our online application system, AppliTrack.
Click on – Job Listings (at the top of your screen)
Click on the link to fill out a job application
Please follow directions carefully and review your application for accuracy.
Be sure your application contains the following:
- A cover letter stating your interest.
- A current resume listing experience, qualifications plus other relevant information.
- A current transcript and/or a copy of your teaching certificate.
Muskegon Public Schools uses the AppliTrack system from Frontline Technologies to manage employment applications online.