Motown Museum has 3 immediate openings for our Sales Associate Position!!!
Currently, we are seeking to fill a full-time and two part-time positions. If you are looking for a great place to work and enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment, then look no further, Motown Museum is the place for you!
- Greet and engage all customers.
- Promptly and professionally assist customers by answering questions, demonstrating proper use of merchandise, up selling merchandising, handling phone orders, answering museum phone, ringing transactions and informing them of our membership program, special offers, discounts, promotions and special events.
- Assist with the replenishment and maintenance of merchandise.
- Assist with loss prevention by monitoring suspicious behaviors of customers and reporting all suspicions to Retail Operations Manager or Inventory Coordinator.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the community. Exercise tact and diplomacy always.
- Knowledge of basic math
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication; and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service and cashier experience preferred
Must be able to satisfactorily complete a drug screen and background check, available to work weekends and some holidays and at least 18 years of age.
To apply, please email your resume to HR@motownmuseum.org.
Motown Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pack Leader (Part-Time)
Now Hiring Dog Lovers
Canine to Five – Detroit, MI 48201
|Are you passionate about animals? Are you looking for a satisfying and challenging job? Are you ready to join a growth oriented and caring team?
Canine to Five Detroit is looking for Pack Leaders!
To apply, send e-mail your cover letter and resume to: HR@CaninetoFive.com
Paramedic (Detroit Fire Department)
**Applications close on December 17th at 5:55 pm**
Under general supervision and within the scope of practice of an Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedic), responds to 911 calls for service to include medical, trauma and other public emergency situations; administers pre-hospital emergency medical care in accordance with approved medical protocols and Department rules and regulations; operates Department issued emergency vehicles and provides transportation of the sick and injured to medical care facilities.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Responds to, and provides assistance at, dispatched or observed medical emergencies or accidents, where there exists the possibility of further injury, loss of limb, death, or where such services are in the public interest.
- Determines the general nature of the emergency situation and communicates observations to additional responders, Command Staff and medical control physicians.
- Provides appropriate emergency care to alleviate medical crisis, reduce injury or stabilize injured person’s condition until definitive medical treatment is available.
- Uses a variety of equipment and special materials to treat injured persons including airway management and ventilation support equipment, defibrillators, extrication equipment, various kinds of splints, special dressings and bandages.
- Informs persons involved of financial responsibility and alternatives available, where emergency conditions are determined not to exist.
- Transports injured persons to appropriate treatment facilities in special emergency medical unit or other assigned vehicle, and recognizes need for transporting unusual cases to particular hospitals where specialized treatment is available; continues patient care while in transit.
- Notifies hospital of incoming emergency cases and, as required, communicates with hospital personnel to advise of patient condition and to secure information or special instructions.
- Maintains a high level of sanitation in assigned vehicle in accordance with infection control standards.
- Inspects assigned vehicle and associated equipment for proper operation and appearance.
- Utilizes computer terminals for emergency and non-emergency communications.
- Operates multi-channel radio or other portable communication devices.
- Prepares required records and reports relating to locations, persons assisted, conditions found, measures taken and services provided, including information for billing purposes.
- Assists in the training of emergency medical service personnel and other
- . Provides testimony in court proceedings and/or assists with investigations.
- Provides appropriate assistance to hospital emergency room personnel within the guidelines of Department directives.
- Assists in keeping quarters clean and otherwise participates in company routine while on assignment at fire house or other site, during stand-by time.
- Attends in-service and other training classes to enhance technical skills.
- Performs duties in accordance with Departmental rules and regulations as well as protocols of the Detroit East Medical Control Authority.
- High School graduation or GED.
- Possession of a current unrestricted State of Michigan Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedic) License and all associated required certifications to operate in the Detroit medical control zone.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid license as a State of MichiganEmergency Medical Technician (Paramedic).
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan Chauffeur License.
- Must possess and maintain valid certification as required by the local medical control authority.
- Candidates considered for placement in this classification may be subject to a Criminal Background and Driving Record Investigation based on the requirements of the position.
All Interested Applicants Please Apply at:
THE HENRY FORD
Marketing Internship (Job ID: 465)
The successful candidate will participate in direct and loyalty marketing initiatives, such as:
- Direct Mail
- SMS Marketing
- Direct Digital Advertising
- Membership Marketing, etc.
Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with program managers in our marketing department, and assist in a variety of ways that include:
- Project Management
- Event Execution
- Background Research
Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills required.
Intern candidates must be comfortable with PowerPoint presentations, client services, business calls, maintaining project details, as well as assisting with selected events and programs.
While this position is unpaid, the experience can be claimed for academic credit and lunch is provided daily.
This internship requires a three-day commitment per week; evening and weekend hours may be required for events.
Marketing, Communications, and English majors encouraged to apply.
Junior / senior year students preferred.
*Please upload resume and cover letter to the online application*
Please complete an online application at:
(Full Time & Part Time Opportunities Available)
As a Specialist, you help create the energy and excitement around Apple products, providing the right solutions and getting products into customers’ hands. You understand that the Apple Store is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other. It starts with you discovering customers’ needs. And with the support of your store team members, you match those needs with the right products. Every day is an opportunity for you to turn another Apple Store visitor into a loyal Apple customer. Full-time, part-time, and seasonal jobs are available.
- Strong interest in technology, particularly Apple products, and agility at learning new products and features.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in any environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- Strong communication skills that let you converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers.
As a Specialist, you’re highly skilled at uncovering customers’ needs, then following through with enlightening solutions. Not only are you the first person customers meet when they enter the store, but you’re also the person who guides them — advising, selling, and even setting up their new products. You perform other roles within the store too, whether it’s maintaining visual merchandising or assisting team members. Always curious, you stay on top of news about products and initiatives, ready to apply your learning in customer interactions. Your success is measured by team and individual productivity as well as overall store performance. You’re proud to represent Apple, and you get great satisfaction from helping customers develop lifelong relationships with Apple.
- You’re passionate about Apple and eager to share that passion with others. •You’re willing to learn and embrace the guidelines behind Apple’s unique style of service. •You have strong people skills-you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic. •You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
Interested Applicants Apply At:
Pharmacy Specialist (Job ID: 2017-4395)
Applications close on December 26, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
A Day in the Life of a Pharmacy Specialist:
This position is the face of MeridianRx as it serves as the front line support for member, providers, pharmacies and internal staff for customer service. Pharmacy Specialists are responsible for responding to internal and external requests for assistance with authorizations, medication profiles and other clinical and operational pharmacy processes.
- Assist members, providers, pharmacies and internal staff with pharmacy inquiries
- Answer incoming calls and place outgoing calls to achieve the goal of providing excellent customer service
- Ensure high quality in all data entry, including requests for prior authorization and all system documentation
- Review all faxes and enter requests for prior authorization for review
- Perform assigned tasks according to established guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degreeis preferred
- Obtain designation as a registered pharmacy technician through obtaining a certification and full license in the state of Michigan within 90 days of completing the internal certification exam training program. Limited and temporary licensure are not acceptable
- Customer Service experience required
- Knowledge of drug products, dosage forms and usage, as well as retail pharmacy operations is preferred
- Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology is preferred
- Knowledge of managed care and authorization processes is preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within pharmacy operations is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; maintains professional demeanor
- Computer/data entry skills; proficient in data warehouse, database, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work with minimal management oversight on multiple projects with competing priorities
Interested Applicants Apply at:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Michigan State Police To Host Recruiting Seminar
Date: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Cadillac Place, 3062 W. Grand Blvd., Detroit MI 48202 – Suite L-150
The Michigan State Police (MSP) will host an informational recruiting seminar on Saturday, November 18, at Cadillac Place, 3062 W. Grand Blvd., Ste. L-150, Detroit, MI 48202 from 10 a.m. until noon. Attendees are asked to arrive by 9:45 a.m.
Recognizing the importance of a diverse workforce, the MSP is committed to reflecting the communities it serves. This free seminar will explain the variety of career opportunities available. Troopers, supervisors and command officers will provide insight and answer questions on recruit training, the lifestyle of a trooper and positions available.
The minimum requirements for consideration of employment are as follows:
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, of good moral character and have no felony convictions.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and a Michigan resident at the time of appointment to the academy.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- A good driving record and stable credit history is required.
The starting salary at the beginning of recruit school is $44,000 annually with a $7,800 raise upon completion of one year.
To attend the seminar, email Tpr. Marjorie Phillips at Phillipsm7@michigan.gov. The attire for this event is business casual.
A PROUD tradition of SERVICE through EXCELLENCE, INTEGRITY, and COURTESY
Henry Ford Detroit Hospital is seeking to hire a college student intern who is actively enrolled and pursuing a BS or MS degree in the field of Human Resources. The paid intern opportunity will be located on the Detroit Hospital campus in the Human Resource office and will require the student to be available to work 24 – 32 hours per week during the day shift between Monday – Friday. The specific days and times will be determined based on the selected student’s schedule and the needs of the HR department.
This position will partner closely with the Director of HR, VP of HR and the HR Business Partners to support them
The student must possess strong Excel (macros/graphs/charts) skills for data manipulation and analysis as they create monthly metrics around turnover, engagement, open requisitions, etc. They will also create power point presentations. In addition, they will have the opportunity to partner on employee engagement initiatives, talent selection initiatives, investigations, joint commission audits, labor relations and many other HR related initiatives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow as an HR professional in a highly dynamic and challenging environment, then this opportunity is for you!
Applications close on November 14th at 1:00 pm
All Interested Applicants Apply at:
In the search field “Henry Ford Health Systems REQ ID: 1085504”
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is hiring! Please share these opportunities with anyone who might be interested.
Research Technician for User Experience (Research Tech Lead)
Application deadline: 11/10/2017
The National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD) is please to announce a career opportunity. The primary area of responsibility is to assist the NACJD Project Manager with tasks related to external relations, user experience, and the overall usability of NACJD products and services. For a full description please visit:
Project Manager for Spatial Data Management (Research Area Specialist Intermediate)
Application Deadline: 11/04/2017
The China Data Center (CDC) is pleased to announce a career opportunity. The primary responsibilities include language translation, content updates, and system maintenance with both Chinese and English interface and menus. For a full description please visit:
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
SPECIAL AGENTS, GL-1811-7/9
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE POSTED TO THE USAJOBS WEBSITE AT: http://www.usajobs.gov
DON’T WAIT! CREATE YOUR RESUME NOW!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES AT:
Also, the IRS YouTube Special Agent Realistic Job Preview (RJP) video can be accessed at:
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPECIAL AGENT ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE CINCINNATI EMPLOYMENT BRANCH AT:
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO ACCESS, READ AND PRINT THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE APPLYING.
Major League Baseball(MLB)
MLB is recruiting the next generation of leaders
MLB Club Diversity Fellowship Program
Thank you for your interest in the MLB Club Diversity Fellowship Program, a rewarding opportunity to start a career in baseball operations and be a part of building a world class sports franchise. Eligible candidates will be placed in one of our 30 Clubs in the United States or Canada and appointed to an entry-level role in either the front office or baseball operations department for a period of 18 to 24 months. The fellows will not have the option to choose a Club or location, so, applicants should have flexibility to relocate for any of the assignments. While all disciplines are eligible to apply, we strongly encourage candidates with degrees or knowledge in economics, analytics, computer science, law and business to submit applications. The Fellowship will begin post-graduation (if applicable) on a mutually agreed upon date between the Club and the chosen fellow.
- A recent college or graduate school alum (no more than 24 months post-graduation)
- A woman or person of color
- G.P.A. of at least 3.2 or higher
- A passion for and knowledge of baseball is helpful but not required
Are you having trouble tyring to figure out what employers want?
Career Services is hosting a workshop to help you, What Do Employers Want? Skills and Ethics in the Workplace.
Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in the Student Center Building, HIlberry D.
Special Guest Speaker
Join us for this interactive workshop with guest speaker Carolyn P. Hafner, Associate Vice President & Chief Audit Executive, Wayne State University…
learn how employers think…find out the skills you need to succeed in today’s global job market.
Trying to figure out what’s after graduation? Want to do something meaningful for yourself and your country? Join this virtual info session to learn more about serving for one-year with AmeriCorps VISTA.
Register HERE to join our Virtual Info Session on Tuesday, November 7 at 5PM ET / 2PM PT.
Building Substitute (MS)
Crescent Academy is currently hiring for a Middle School Building Substitute. This position is full time. Must have sub permit.
Would you like to be a part of a school that believes strongly in its students and their right to a high quality education? Does your teaching and strong desire to make a difference in a child’s education describe why you became a teacher? Are you interested in creating an innovative, project based, experience for your students? If you possess the following qualities:
- Creativity and Innovated ideas about learning in the classroom
- Project based learning
- Enjoy challenges (social, economic)
- Engaged in learning and curriculum
- Persistent characteristics ( closing achievement gaps, and data driven)
- Collaborating within a team and being pro-active
- Conflict resolution (parents and students)
- Empathy ( students, parents, staff)
If this sounds like you and you also want to be a part of a flexible, supportive, family-oriented team, then Crescent is the place for you!
Crescent Academy believes in the whole child approach which means that academy staff assists students and their families in bettering their outcomes by creating a college bound culture that expects and teaches strong character, academic achievement, and civic engagement.
Students from all cultural backgrounds and all walks of life attend Crescent Academy.
Crescent Academy serves over 1,500 students grade level PreK-8.
Our Ideal Candidates
We’re looking for service-oriented professionals who love to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in their work. The most qualified candidates will have a background that demonstrates passion for service and helping others. This might include experience in personalized customer service, caring for others, coaching, teaching, etc. These candidates are excited at the prospect of helping others get where they’re going, solving problems and going the extra mile to leave our passengers with a positive experience that lasts long after their flights have landed. We’re looking for candidates who want to join a stable, profitable company and build a lasting career while enjoying flight benefits that are the envy of the marketplace.
Key Responsibilities of Our Flight Attendants:
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers while providing exceptional customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Participate in preflight briefings and in-flight responsibilities
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Prepare, serve and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Answer passengers’ questions and provide assistance when necessary, particularly those with special needs
- Reassure passengers during the flight, such as when an aircraft experiences delays or hits turbulence
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care, as needed
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to passengers in the event of an emergency
What You’ll Need – the Minimums:
- Ability to work in the US
- Be at least 21 years of age by January 1, 2018
- A high school degree or GED
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English fluently
- Willingness to comply with our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings (read more about that here)
- Ability to obtain and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies
- Successfully complete a pre-employment DOT drug test and comprehensive background check, including government-required fingerprint-based criminal history records check
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role which requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
One or More of the Following Will Give You an Edge:
- 1+ years of work experience in a personalized customer service, patient care, or similar role
- Experience in a role ensuring the safety and/or care of others (teacher, military, EMT, firefighter, coach, law enforcement, lifeguard, nurse, Peace Corps, etc.)
- Education beyond high school
All Interested Applicants Please Visit:
Part-‐Time Children’s Dance Instructor Needed
This paid position is for Saturday mornings from 11:00 AM-‐1:00 PM teaching Pre-‐ Ballet (4-‐5 year olds) and Art & Movement (1.5-‐3 year olds). Additional hours could be given if enrollment increases. You would be using our Lil Dumplins’ Curriculum. To thrive in this role you need enthusiasm, creativity, improvisational skills, a sense of fun and the ability to engage, enchant and connect with young children and their parents. For more info on what we offer please visit www.lildumplins.com or find us on Facebook.com/lildumplins and Instagram (@lildumplins)
- Experience teaching recreational ballet preffered.
- Experience with children 2-‐6 years of age.
- Improvisational skills in dance and music.
- Very comfortable using voice in song or chant.
PAY: $20/hour with additional pay for training and meetings.
To apply: Please send resumes to email@example.com
Provides support in sales administration, generates sales-related reports , and acts as an extension of the sales team.
• Provides administrative and/or process support for contract administration, customer service, and order history.
• Acts as an extension of the sales team by assisting with product pricing, sales development, sales material creation, marketing communications, sponsorship proposals & recaps.
• Generates contract confirmations, reports related to sales activities & revenue data, pool reports, unapproved credits, etc.
• Responds to client requests, e.g., spot times.
• Records and forwards checks, handles contracts for Account Executives, prepares presentations, types & proofreads correspondence, files and makes copies, relieves receptionist.
• Manages time; focuses on urgent and important tasks; avoids procrastination; follows up; shows strong attention to detail; meets deadlines
• Adapts to shifts in priorities and urgencies
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; familiar with Viero and Radio Fusion or demonstrates ability to learn new systems quickly
• Assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
• Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; uses professional telephone skills; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
• Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Demonstrates competitive spirit; shows desire to “move up”
• 1-3 years’ experience in radio role
• 4-year college degree
• None required
Troy, MI: 3310 West Big Beaver Rd, Suite 310, 48084
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
The multi-media journalist is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of two years of experience
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and provide certificate of insurability with company required insurance limits.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
***The City of Atlanta is now offering Recruits who are Military Veterans a $5,000 bonus upon completion of training to become a Police Officer***
***Police Recruits are also eligible for a one time relocation bonus up to $1,500 ***
Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
400 Renaissance Drive
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thursday Night September 28, 2017 (2 Sessions)
5pm to 7pm – 7pm to 9pm
Friday, September 29, 2017 (5 Sessions)
8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, and 7pm
Saturday, September 30, 2017 (3 Sessions)
8am, 11am, and 2pm
For More Information, please call 404-546-7650
ALL MAJORS WELCOME!!!
October 3rd 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m
STUDENT & ALUMNI INFORMATION
- The event is open to WSU students and alumni only
- Free admission for WSU students and alumni
- There is no registration necessary for students or alumni but you need to activiate your WSUCareer Services Handshake account.
- A WSU OneCard or a current resume is required for admittance (either of these show you attend(ed) WSU)
- Professional dress is required for this event
- Open to all majors
- Bring copies of your professional resume to pass out to employers!
*For List of employers, please visit: http://careerservices.wayne.edu/employmentexpo.php