Internship Alert: Wayne County Airport Authority
College Internship 2018
The Wayne County Airport Authority (WCAA) is seeking candidates who meet or exceed the following standards to fill the position of College Intern:
- Working towards or holds a degree with major course work in Aviation, Finance, Business, Public Administration, Engineering or a related field,
- At least two (2) years of college completed (approximately 60 credit hours), and hold a 2.5 grade point average (GPA),
- Possess a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software,
- Able to qualify for an Airport Security Badge and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen,
- College transcripts must be submitted with application.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR JOB DUTIES
The WCAA Internship Program is designed to provide the selected students an opportunity to experience working at a large commercial Airport, gaining an in-depth knowledge of how a major Airport Authority operates. Intern assignments can be in any one of our functional area’s including but not limited to: Airfield Operations, Engineering, Public Safety, Environmental, Finance/Accounting just to name a few. Interns work closely with functional leaders on specific projects related to our business objectives.
The program is designed to provide each intern a variety of experiences that include developing documents/presentations, functional case studies, and working with various employees at all levels of the organization. The interns also participate in a variety of site tours, presentations and guest speakers that expose them to the various aspects of the Aviation industry. Interns will be able to develop and demonstrate communication skills (written and oral), teamwork, creativity/problem solving, motivation, leadership and their passion for their chosen field.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
Interns are paid $13.00 per hour and work approximately 30 hours a week, Monday – Thursday. The program will start in Mid-may and end in mid August (approximately 12 – 13 weeks).