Internship Alert: Walgreens
Community Management Internship (CMI)
*Must be a rising senior (junior) pursuing a Bachelor’s degree**
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Ten weeks that could change your future! At Walgreens, you have the best of both worlds: the training, support and resources of one of America’s largest retail organizations behind you, plus the encouragement to be a true entrepreneur. Because we want you to succeed in your retail career, we’ve created a comprehensive, step-by-step management development program (LEAP) that will equip you to become a Walgreens store manager, and from there — depending on your career goals — to move into higher levels of retail management at Walgreens.
· The internship program is designed for college students to complete during the summer between their junior and senior years in school, exposes students to management skills and a full range of retail operations at Walgreens.
· Interns will work with experienced store managers to learn about store operations, management responsibilities, merchandising, advertising, inventory, and human resources.
· By the end of your ten-week internship, you’ll know just what it means to manage a Walgreens store.
· It’s also an opportunity for us to seek exceptional students, prior to their senior year of college, to train for future management consideration.
· Lead, Engage, Advance, Perform. (LEAP) is a comprehensive management development program including workshops, online learning and on the job coaching/mentoring preparing Assist Store Manager Trainees for a store management career path.
Get paid to learn!
· Minimum GPA: 2.75
· The internship is conducted between the months of May through August.
· Interns are paid hourly
· $14.00 per hour
· Interns are scheduled for 40-hour work week
A career at Walgreens offers you the potential for growth and a clear path to advancement. Our innovative spirit means every day is a different opportunity to excel in a welcoming and inclusive environment. Take your first step towards a fulfilling career. Apply now at www.walgreens.jobs.