Internship Opportunity: Event Operations Intern
Event Operations Intern (paid)
White Space Events (Sunset Coast Events LLC)
The Event Operations Intern performs a variety of tasks related to wedding and event services operations including event setup, teardown, and related logistical assignments.
Works alongside logistics department, 1928 Planning Co., caterers, and vendors to ensure excellent customer service, a high quality experience, and most importantly, a wildly successful send off for the happy couple.
White Space Events is a wedding experience management company founded in 2008. We provide event management for The Veranda at The Whitcomb in St. Joseph, Michigan, The Vineyard at 12 Corners Winery in Benton Harbor, Sun n Sand Resort in South Haven, and the Sunset Coast Trolley Company. White Space Events manages, on average, 120 event experiences per year. Along with our partners at 1928 Planning Co., we provide our clients with the smoothest wedding or event experience from the start of the their search to the end of their event.
The role of the Event Operations Intern is to help achieve our mission of a successful send off for every client’s wedding. This includes event setup, teardown, and related logistical assignments.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately executing event setups and teardowns based on written or verbal work orders.
- Anticipating and ensuring patron safety in the venue in regards to event setup and teardown.
- Moving event equipment, and possessing the ability to repetitively lift medium weight objects with frequent bending and stooping, or repetitively lifting average weight objects where frequent bending or stooping alternates with lighter activities. Occasionally lifts heavy objects (over 45 pounds).
- Maintaining, assembling, and storing equipment and rentals with care.
- Assisting with inventory management, venue presentation, maintenance, and equipment repairs.
- Maintaining a professional, creative, highly motivated, dependable, flexible and decisive work ethic at all times.
- Possessing a willingness to work outside of normal business hours (extensive evening and weekend hours), and in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to read and accurately execute work orders and setup/layout drawings with good spatial recognition.
- Maintain a professional, creative, highly motivated, flexible and decisive work ethic at all times.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to understand basic communication skills in English and follow specific oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to cope effectively with changing priorities, meet deadlines, and possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to repetitively lift medium weight objects with frequent bending and stooping, or repetitively lift average weight objects where frequent bending or stooping alternates with lighter activities. Occasionally lifts heavy objects (over 45 pounds).
- Possess a willingness to work outside of normal business hours (extensive evening and weekend hours), and in a variety of weather conditions.
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively with team partners.
- Being mechanically inclined is preferred.
- Experience working in an outdoor environment is preferred.
In addition to the key responsibilities, the internship will focus on substantive areas of operations management including; business administration, event business, technical coordination, and production coordination. Interns will have the opportunity to lead a small crew of event staff, participate in event setups and teardowns, hospitality, setting event decor, restocking inventory and general office work.
Compensation, Time Commitment, and Additional Details:
- Base compensation shall be determined by experience of the candidate.
- Periodic bonuses may be given for exceptional performance.
- The Event Operations Intern shall commit to work approximately 10-35 hours per week, between the months of April and November.
- The Event Operations Intern shall commit to working outside of normal business hours (extensive evening and weekend hours), and in a variety of weather conditions.
- Opportunities for advancement as the company grows.
- Internship opportunities for school credit are available and would expand the employee’s role and provide them exposure to other areas of our business. *Start/End dates are negotiable for internships.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and/or cover letter to Rachel McLaughlin