Position: Library Director – Walsh College
Position: Library Director
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Chief Academic Officer
· Direct library services and programs including resource sharing, bibliographic instruction and reference services.
· Develop and maintain collection to meet needs of instructional programs.
· Oversee library technology and lead technology conversions/migrations.
· Maintain and update content of the library web and portal pages.
· Oversee, develop, and maintain LibGuides.
· Create and update instructional materials on researching library resources.
· Keep current with library databases, search features, and general reference sources.
· Evaluate the accessibility and user needs of resources and services.
· Analyze various library data; compile, complete, and present various reports.
· Develop short and long range plans.
· Recommend and manage departmental budget; process related purchase orders and expenses.
· Supervise professional and support staff.
· Personally provide reference services, online searching and individual instruction to patrons.
· Oversee maintenance of College archives.
· Represent library at professional association meetings.
· Develop and deliver library related presentations.
· Promote and market use of library services to all constituents.
· Recommend policies and develop procedures related to the library.
· Serve on various College committees.
· MSLS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited program.
· Minimum of 5 years senior level professional experience in an academic library setting.
· Knowledge of current and emerging technologies used in library services, including Captivate or Camtasia required.
· Supervisory experience and demonstrated capability to effectively lead library staff required.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation communication skills required.
· Demonstrated ability to develop work with individuals at various organizational levels required.
· Strong track record of high quality student service.
· Creative problem solver with solid judgment skills.
· Knowledge of business collections a plus.
· Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
· Knowledge of copyright laws as it relates to learning resources and services required.
To Apply: Submit resume with salary requirement to the Walsh College HR Office at: email@example.com. (Please indicate position in subject line)
Posted: May 9, 2017