Apr 15 / Michelle Windhorst

Typographers

Alex Trochut

alex trochut 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Alex is a widely respected typographer, illustrator and designer from Spain with a very impressive list of clients. His work is diverse and imaginative and well worth a look.

Bianca Chang

bianca chang 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Bianca currently works at Mark Gowing Design in Sydney and does lovely 3D layered paper cuts for exhibition.

Craig Ward

craig ward 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Craig is most well-known for his “Bad typography is everywhere” poster, but I love this roots piece. It’s amazing.

Evelin Kasikov

evelin kasikov 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Evelin works in cross stitch, CMYK cross stitch to be precise. Her work emulates the four colour printing process using thread on paper and I absolutely love it.

Jonathan Zawanda

jonathan zawada 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Jonathan is an Australian artist and designer with a diverse range of styles and techniques. His site is divided into commercial and exhibition work. Yet another designer to straddle the fine line between designer/artist.

Luca Barcellona

luca barcellona 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Luca does fantastic live calligraphy performances. I would love to see one.

Marcelo Schultz

marcelo schultz 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Marcelo’s digital 3D typography is so full of energy and life and always feels like it’s bursting out of the page.

Me and My Pen

meandmypen 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Me and my pen is Darren Newman, typographer and illustrator who works in a very linear style.

Niels Shoe Meulman

niels shoe meulman 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

A video of Niels was doing the rounds recently of him doing calligraphy on the ground with a wet broom. One of my students listed him in all five of their top 5 slots and said he would give his face to be this talented. Says it all really.

Oded Ezer

oded ezer 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Judging by his work, Oded is one wacky guy. His projects are highly creative and imaginative.

Peter Tarka

peter tarka 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Polish designer Peter Tarka has a wide variety of 3D design work, packed with energy and edge.

RIPO

ripo 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

RIPO is a graffiti artist who works in a wide variety of styles and sizes.

Sean Freeman

sean freeman 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Sean Freeman is a highly creative commercial designer from the UK who always surprises with his type treatments. His studio is called THERE IS.

Sepra4Life

sepra4life 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Sepra4Life is Marko Purac, a Serbian cartoonist and typographer who has a structured, retro cartoon style.

Si Scott

si scott 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Si Scott is an illustrator and typographer with a very distinctive and specific linear style.

Simon Ålander

simon alander 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

Simon is a Swedish designer obsessed with two things: type and coffee. He has a very distinctive style and is fantastic at hand lettering.

YLLV

yllv 50 Inspiring Typographic Artists ... and me

YLLV is Karol Gadzala, a Polish typographer and illustrator.

Alex Trochut

Alex’s experimental style has gained him critical acclaim from across the board

Alex Trochut is a typographer and graphic designer based in Barcelona. He has been working as a freelancer since 2007 and has gained clients such as Pepsi, Wallpaper* and Audi.

His experimental style has gained him critical acclaim from across the board and with a philosophy of ‘more is more,’ his array of work is a perfect example of embracing the endless spectrum of font formats.

Tomasz Biernat

typographers on behance
Tomasz Biernat specialises in old school typography

Tomasz Biernat specialises in old school lettering – often recreating those custom typefaces that hark back to chalk boards and elaborate calligraphy. His typography has been seen on prints, posters and t-shirts as well as bigger installations.

2 Comments