- Roostaei, J., Zhang, Y., Gopalakrishnan, K., & Ochocki, A. J. (2018). Mixotrophic Microalgae Biofilm: A Novel Algae Cultivation Strategy for Improved Productivity and Cost-efficiency of Biofuel Feedstock Production. Scientific Reports, 8(1), 12528. doi:10.1038/s41598-018-31016-1
- Gopalakrishnan, K., J. Roostaei, and Y. Zhang, Mixed culture of Chlorella sp. and wastewater wild algae for enhanced biomass and lipid accumulation in artificial wastewater medium. Frontiers of Environmental Science & Engineering, 2018. 12(4): p. 14.
- Roostaei, J. and Y. Zhang, Spatially Explicit Life Cycle Assessment: Opportunities and challenges of wastewater-based algal biofuels in the United States. Algal Research, 2017. 24: p. 395-402.
- Colosi, L.M., Resurreccion, E.P., Zhang, Y.L., “Evaluating estrogen removal as a possible sustainability benefit of integrated wastewater treatment and algae cultivation”, Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, (17) 2015, pp. 421-428.
- Zhang, Y.L., Habteselassie, M.Y., Resurreccion, E.P., Mantripragada, V., Peng, S.S., Bauer, S., Colosi, L.M., “Evaluating removal of steroid estrogens by a model alga as a possible sustainability benefit of hypothetical integrated algae cultivation and wastewater treatment systems”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2 (11) 2014, pp. 2544-2553.
- Zhang, Y.L., Colosi, L.M., “Practical ambiguities during calculation of energy ratios and their impacts on life cycle assessment calculations”, Energy Policy (57) 2013, pp. 630-633.
- Zhang, Y.L., Colosi, L.M., “What are we missing by focusing on algae biodiesel?” Biofuels 4 (60) 2013, pp. 591-593.
- Zhang, Y.L., White, M.A., Colosi, L.M., “Environmental and economic assessment of integrated systems for dairy manure treatment coupled with algae bioenergy production”, Bioresource Technology (130) 2013, pp. 486-494.
- Colosi, L.M., Zhang, Y.L., Clarens, A.F., White, M.A., “Will algae produce green? Using published life cycle assessments as a starting point for economic evaluation of future algae-to-energy systems”, Biofuels 3 (2) 2012, pp. 129-142.
- Zhang, Y.L., Marrs, C.F., Simon, C., Xi, C.W., “Wastewater treatment contributes to selective increase of antibiotic resistance among Acinetobacter spp. “, Science of the Total Environment 407(12) 2009, pp. 3702-3706.
- Xi, C.W., Zhang, Y.L., Marrs, C.F., Ye, W., Simon, C., Foxman, B., and Niragu, J., “Prevalence of antibiotic resistance in drinking water treatment and distribution systems”, Applied and Environmental Microbiology 75(17) 2009, pp. 5714-5718.
- Xi, C.W., Bush, K., Lachmayr, K.L., Zhang, Y.L., and Ford, T.E., “Interactions between environmental microbial ecosystems and humans: the case of the water environment and antibiotic resistance, Food-Borne Microbes: Shaping the Host Ecosystem”, edited by Lee-Ann Jaykus, Hua H. Wang, and Larry S. Schlesinger (ASM Press, April 2009).
- Zhang, Y.L., Li, Y.Z., Tang, J.L., “Research on the application of DNA chip technique.” Guangxi Agricultural and Biological Science (June) 2001, pp. 133-136.
- Li, Y.Z., Zhang, Y.L., Tang, J.L., “An introduction to DNA chip technique.” Jiangxi Medical Inspection 18(3) 2000, pp. 170-172.
- Roostaei, J., Anvesha Dogra, A., Zhang, Y.L., Spatially Explicit Life Cycle Assessment of Integrating Algae Cultivation with Wastewater Treatment for Biofuel Production, Algae Biomass Summit, September 30-October 2, 2015, Washington DC.
- Anvesha Dogra, Javad Roostaei, Zhang, Y.L., Integrating Algal-Bacterial Mixed Cultures with Wastewater Treatment for Cost-efficient Production of Algae Feedstock, Algae Biomass Summit, September 30-October 2, 2015, Washington DC.
- Javad Roostaei, Zhang, Y.L., Spatially Explicit Life Cycle Assessment of Integrating Algae Cultivation with Wastewater Treatment for Biofuel Production, Bio Energy 2015, Department of Energy (DOE), June 23-24, 2015, Washington DC.