We just updated the page editor in the CMS. We use an open source editor called CKEditor which allows content contributors to update pages without having to know HTML. The version we were using was horribly out of date. We wrote a few additions and changes to it that we didn’t have time to migrate with each update. The time has finally come when the current release has those changes built in. We are happy to announce we have just deployed this new editor for everyone to use.
You’re probably thinking they look exactly the same and you are right. There are a few minor visual tweaks but the entire back end of the editor has been rewritten and is quite a bit faster and more functional.
- Cross browser inline spellchecking
- Better paste from Word cleanup
- Ability to add pre styled containers
- Better find and replace functionality
- Predefined “Styles” – No one used them and they often didn’t function as expected
- Font definition – Font styles are controlled by the site stylesheet and we want to keep it that way
This is your editor
Let us know what you think, we would love to hear your opinion. Does this add a feature you’ve been waiting for? Or did we miss something you always use? Just shoot an email to web[at]wayne.edu.