We’re looking to fill an existing position for a full-time Web Designer to join our innovative team.
About Web Communications
We handle every aspect of a website project, from the needs analysis, user research, architecture, design, content migration/editing, programming, post-launch analysis and A/B testing. To accomplish this we work like a mini agency within the university.
This position is integral to crafting and ensuring the university identity is integrated into every piece of communication we put out. In addition to full websites, our team is responsible for the digital signage around campus (currently 77 signs and growing), the official social media presence and a number of HTML templates. This position touches all digital mediums and our work is constantly evolving with multiple opportunities for growth, you will see your work published and interacted with on a daily basis.
About Wayne State
Wayne State offers a competitive benefits package that includes, health, dental, paid leave and more. In addition to great benefits, working for Wayne State’s Marketing and Communications team brings you right into the heart of midtown. We are conveniently located at Cass and Palmer and in walking distance of the DIA, the Detroit Historical Museum and some of the top restaurants in the Detroit. In mid-2017, you’ll be steps away from a Q-Rail station that will take you to the newly developed The District Detroit.
Senior Graphic Designer
- Solid understanding of working with-and designing for-web applications.
- An understanding of responsive Web design and designing for mobile first.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction .
- Experience working on large-scale higher education websites and/or creating and maintaining corporate design patterns.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a Visual Arts subject; strong technical understanding a plus.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience designing web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationales, all within a user-centered design process.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- An understanding of the benefits, limitations and customization of a CSS framework (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc).
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Maintain an overall university brand across various mediums including digital signage.
How to apply
All applications must go through the university jobs website, please do not contact me directly. We encourage you to submit links to live websites, portfolios and to submit a cover letter that explains . why you feel you’re right for the position.
Senior Graphic Designer, posting #042093