My presentation was ok. I wish I didn’t look off my cards so much, but I said everything I wanted to say.
Finally Done! After 3 complete reformations, some major adjustments, and one silly mistake born from self doubt, my book and final project is done. Honestly, there are a few things I’d like to adjust, but at this point there just isn’t enough time. My biggest mistake is that I forgot to account for the fact that end pages are both front and back. By the time I realized this, most of pieces were securely glued to the page, so I kept the trend. Now my page numbers and headings are positioned towards the inside of the book rather than the outside. It’s not what I intended, but I don’t think it looks bad. At this point, I’m happy to be done with this project.
The picture above was taken during the process of book 2.
The pictures below are of the final product (book 3).
Book 1 is not pictured because just before printing I found out I had to reformat my text. (Book 1 did not have a 3 column structure.)
Signal Return in a print shop in Detroit that offers workshops and a place to sell prints in the store front. Check out the link below to learn more about it.
I think this will be the hardest project for me of the semester. I prefer doing layouts on the computer because I know how things will fit before it’s printed. I can resize images and shift text much more easily than if by hand. The foreign page size is throwing me for a loop. This project is going to be interesting.