I’m a Photographer?

Yeah, so as I mentioned in my last post, I got a shiny new camera and man is it a beaut!

I’ve been messing around with photography since I was a kid. Always have loved the art of it and playing with the angles of a subject. Light has recently become a new obsession for me in terms of what it can do for a shot, and I’ve messed around with dozens of editing programs that allow me to really dunk my head in great results. I haven’t had the chance to take many pictures of people, but portraits are quickly becoming my favorite things to take shots of. However, landscapes will always have a special place in my heart, for sure.

The picture that is used as a header for my blog is one that I took right outside of Old Main as a lot of leaves were beginning to fall. I could’ve tried so many different things with how I shot this, and probably could’ve gotten better results, but I was freezing haha

So included here are a few shots I’ve taken over the course of this semester that I’d like to share!

Yep this is me – the lighting in my apartment was pretty cool and shadowy so I thought I’d take advantage of it
I had to write a performance report on a musical for my movement class so I saw Chicago: The Musical at the Fisher Theatre and MAN was it beautiful!
I was very cold when I took this front shot of Old Main, otherwise I’m SURE it could’ve been done better, but hey! Here’s to improving!
Somewhere in midtown, I kind of forgot where.
My GORGEOUS roommate in a very candid moment on our couch. The lighting is GREAT here, I love this shot haha

One Reply to “I’m a Photographer?”