WSU Libraries GSA Position Open for Winter 2015!
The School of Library and Information Science is happy to announce the availability of one Graduate Student Assistantship (GSA) position starting in Winter 2015 in WSU Libraries. The assistantship provides a full tuition scholarship (up to 36 credits) for a master’s degree in library and information science (MLIS), an annual $16,838 stipend, health insurance and representation by the GEOC (Graduate Employees Organization Committee). Further details and link to the job postings are below.
- Graduate Student Assistantship Position within University Library System (Purdy/Kresge and Undergraduate Libraries)
- GSAs provide direct user assistance at information/reference desks through in-person, phone, and virtual reference; assisting patrons with the catalog, internet, databases, and use of computers. In addition, GSAs collaborate on the development of library guides, provide information literacy instruction, and participate in special projects as assigned; such assignment may be based on interest, and can include work with discovery services, material processing, eResources, acquisitions, and digital publishing. The special project duties are facilitated by the discretion of the GSA Coordinator and/or other Staff Librarians.
- The GSA employment experience is designed to provide a wide overview of academic library operations, with a focus on developing skills in operational areas increasing in responsibility and independence over an approximate two year period.
- Open to both new and current students.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Sunday, November 16th by midnight.
- For further details on requirements, download the full GSA job posting.
- Apply at http://slis.wayne.edu/wsu_gsa_application.php.
Students can learn further details from WSU librarians and apply in person for this GSA position at the SLIS Open House in 315 Kresge Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 5:00-7:00 pm!