Graduate Student Assistant Opportunity at Cooley Law School
Graduate Student Research Assistant Position Announcement
Research Assistant, WMU Cooley Law School, Brennan Law Library, Lansing
We are proud recipients of an AALL Research Fund Grant to collect data on learning outcomes and assessment used specifically in for-credit legal research courses. We are seeking a qualified graduate student in the School of Information Science for the position of Research Assistant for this project. Responsibilities of the Research Assistant will include assisting with collection and analysis of data, drafting components of the research report, and other tasks as needed. There is also a possibility of a conference presentation opportunity for the Research Assistant.
The position will be part-time at approximately ten hours per week. The position is also short-term, for up to twenty weeks beginning immediately. The majority of the work may be done remotely; however, some travel to Lansing will be required. The rate of pay is $15.00 per hour. Preference will be given to applicants having already taken the course INF 7996, Research for the Information Profession.
- An excellent understanding of research methods and data analysis.
- Familiarity with the American Association of Law Libraries and their Principles and Standards for Legal Research Competency.
- Familiarity with the use of learning outcomes and assessments in designing courses.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Google applications.
- Dependable, with the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines on time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Good academic standing.
Submit resume and cover letter as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Questions about this position may be directed to Alissa Raasch, Reference Librarian, email@example.com or (517) 371-5140 Ext. 3307.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. For further information about WMU-Cooley Law School, please visit www.cooley.edu.