Feb 1 / Cecilia Shropshire

The original Sam

The name’s Sam. Sam ain’t short for nothin. It’s just Sam. My name’s a man’s name! I know you heard that there was a 20 somethin’ year old in the town with the same name butI bet that girls real name is somethin’ like Samantha or Samoa or maybe SamIstoleurname BUT there can only be one! Anyway, I’ve lived in this here town probally longer than anyone has been alive. How old am I? As old as the spirit of the wild west. Don’t know what that means? Well, good that’ll keep ya outta my business! I live alone. Yep, I’m like the lone ranger. I’m a gunslaggin cowboy with plenty of showdown’s under my belt. Yes, I’ve seen my share of adventures but don’t think I’m washed out and retired cuz I’m just as bad now as I was back then… but no one’d ever know that. They don’t even know who I am or what I done for this town. Alway’s confusin me with other people. I’ve seen this town go from a quiet little place with natural beauty to a factory puffin city… Forget me will ya? Well I’ll remind them! I’ll be as loud as I can! I won’t back down from anybody. I’ll accept any challenge! They’ll see my fearlessness and then I’ll be the hero of the town again just like back then…I just have to remind them.

One Comment