Feb 19 / Isabella Warmbrunn

Who am I?

Guten Tag!

My name is Isabella and I am currently a 3rd year student at Wayne State University located in Detroit, Michigan. I am a psychology major with a focus in pre-medicine and I plan to have a gap year before applying to medical school. I have always wanted to become a doctor ever since I can remember. Helping people through applying science in a direct, hands-on fashion has been the drive behind my passion. However, after being in undergrad for 3 years, I need a break from school and time to reflect and refocus.

Being a WSU Warrior means so much to me as this school has matured me in ways I didn’t even think possible. The most important lesson I’ve learned from these 3 years is that it is okay to not be okay 100% of the time. Emotions are normal and aren’t always positive; being able to navigate through them is all a part of being young. Living in Detroit has made me much more aware of issues many people face day-to-day that I constantly overlook. It has also granted me unique academic challenges such as research opportunities and volunteering opportunities to impact local youth.

Being someone of am German and African American my experiences growing up are quite unique due to having such a diverse background. I think this has been what gives me a different perspective on the world and allows me to be so understanding of others. A fun fact about me is I have a twin sister who is identical to me and also attends Wayne as an English major. We are almost always mistaken by our classmates on campus, which can lead to some awkward conversations. It usually ends up with a few laughs and a new friend!