Tips to make it through your first lecture
By Ashton Lewandowski
So, are you going to your first lecture and are afraid that you won’t be able to keep your eyes open? If so, here are some helpful tips to make it to your second lecture.
- Read the syllabus before class. This way, if the professor announces it’s a syllabus day you can just leave.
- Sit in the front row and introduce yourself to the professor. If they know you, you’ll be too intimidated to leave or sleep.
- Drink lots of fluids before class. Not only will you stay hydrated, but if you drink enough your bladder WILL NOT let you sleep.
- Make friends with the smart kids in class. Their commentary will help to keep you awake.
- Sleep before class. Nothing beats being well rested.