It’s true that our lives have become a rat’s race. There’s constantly something to do and we do it all but that can result in our mind and bodies becoming overwhelmed. Finding a balance in life can be hard but it is most definitely achievable. Taking care of our mind and bodies should be a top priority since it can hinder all of our other goals in life.
Establishing a morning and nighttime routine can be extremely beneficial. A set routine is important for the mind and body. The body will slowly get used to the bedtime routine and will start to unwind because it will recognize that it is time to sleep. The nervous system will slowly start to calm down and that can ensure a good night’s sleep.
Examples of things that can be added to a morning routine:
- Drinking Lemon Water
- Lemon water has many benefits including hydration, providing a dose of Vitamin C, clearing skin, and aids in digestion.
- Taking supplements or medications
- Eating a healthy and nutritious breakfast
- Listening to upbeat music to start the day off on a right note
Example of things that can be added to a nighttime routine:
- Taking a bath
- Bedtime Yoga
- Reading a book
- Journal/Brain Dump
- Making a cup of Tea
- Listening to relaxing music
- No electronics before bedtime
- The blue light in phones and laptops causes a surge of cortisol in the body. Cortisol depletes and inhibits the production of melatonin. A loss of melatonin messes with the sleep/wake cycle of the body.
- Turning on an essential oil diffuser
- Setting out clothes for the next day
- Writing a To-Do list for the following day
- Deep Breathing
- 4-7-8 Breathing Technique. Inhale for 4 seconds, hold it for 7 seconds, and exhale for 8 seconds.
There are other ways to relax and take care of the body too. As pointed out in the last post, listening to your gut is super important as the body will tell you what it needs. It’ll guide you in the right direction. Lots of sleep, engaging in a hobby, getting away for the weekend, catching up on chores, cleaning the space around you, and exercising can all help an individual reset. Sleep will help the body recharge, engaging in a hobby will help distract the mind, and exercise will give the body a boost of endorphins.
It is crucial to take care of the body and the mind. Helping it out as much as possible is the key to preventing illnesses.