With the school year back in full swing, it can feel like all assignments and exams come up at the same time. This can cause many students to become extremely overwhelmed and prevent them from doing their best. This post will go over several tips to ease some of the stress associated with these deadlines.
- Proper Nourishment
- According to Harvard Health, there are foods that are linked to increased brainpower. Consuming nutrient-dense foods like green vegetables, fatty fish, berries, nuts, and tea or coffee can improve brain health. Optimal brain health can also mean having a better memory which can always help when it comes to school.
- Taking Vitamins
- It is important to have regular checkups with a physician to ensure that all vitamin levels are in check and that the body is not suffering any preventable side effects from deficiencies. Vitamin D is a common deficiency and it is a crucial vitamin for the brain as it supports neurogenesis and can slow down cognitive impairment. If deficiencies are detected, Metagenicsand Life Extension are two reputable supplement companies.
- Quality Rest
- As always, there is no replacement for adequate sleep. It is vital to lowering levels of stress/anxiety and promoting excellent cognitive function.
- Taking a Break
- Taking a minute to pause and be mindful is the best way to reduce stress levels. It can be as simple as taking a quick nap, going for a walk, or talking to a friend but it can help break up a monotonous study routine and allow one to go back to their work feeling refreshed.
- Writing Things Down
- Writing things down can help to prioritize assignments or tasks. It can be helpful to start with the smallest thing first to get the ball rolling.