A Natural Alternative to Conventional Toxic Candles

Many individuals are not aware of the toxins that go into making conventional candles. This might be because a lot of us are attracted to the amazing and different smells they give off. We tend to not think of what goes into making those different smells.

The problem is that a lot of candles are made from paraffin wax. Paraffin wax turns into two extremely toxic carcinogens when they are burnt, benzene and toluene. There are various other potent and powerful toxins that are found in candles. Not only that, it has been found that most of the wicks contain heavy metals. This means that burning candles for a few hours can lead to airborne heavy metals. All of that affects the air that we breathe in and can make it harder for sensitive groups to breathe properly.

There are natural alternatives that are made out of either soy or beeswax. Beeswax candles are very efficient at neutralizing pollutants since they produce negative ions as they burn, and those negative ions attract any irritants that might be floating in the air. It can help get rid of mold, airborne allergies, dust, and odors. Another benefit is that toxic byproducts or heavy soot are not produced as these candles are burned. This ensures that the air is not contaminated with carcinogens.

Just like with beeswax, soy candles do not produce the byproducts that paraffin wax candles do. This makes soy candles non-toxic and they tend to have a longer burn time. They burn cleaner and have a stronger scent. The only thing downside would be that they do not have the air purifying qualities the way that beeswax does.

Overall, it is important to be conscious of what is going into the air that we breathe in as poor air quality can lead to a decline in health and wellness.