Skip to content
Nov 11 / Katie Buddingh

Project 3 – Fictional Letterforms

In project 3 we dissected a different font family than we did in Project 2. I chose to use Didot.

We copied three letters and one character:

EPSON MFP image EPSON MFP image EPSON MFP image EPSON MFP image

After getting the hang of the different attributes of the font Didot, we made some thumbnail sketches and combined some of the different characteristics to make new ones.

img002 img001

 

The goal in Project 3 was to design a new character in the font Didot. We were supposed to make it look like a new font so that it fit seamlessly. It needed to contain some of the same characteristics as the other letters.

Project-3-Alphabet-Process Project-3-Process

 

Project-3 Didot-Alphabet

rLetters

 

 

 

2 Comments

Leave a comment
  1. Brian / Nov 20 2013

    Your process work is phenomenal. You can tell that a lot of time was put into this.

  2. Emilio Cardiel / Nov 17 2013

    I like the experimentation you show here. It’s interesting to see the thought process that went into creating your final letter.

Leave a comment