Materials Characterization Technician, Sakti3, Ann Arbor
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Ann Arbor, MI
To operate characterization instruments and conduct materials for manufacturing of solid state battery materials. Support the battery prototyping activities through materials testing, materials characterization, and analysis data.
Dyson has acquired 100% of solid-state battery pioneer Sakti3. Together they will supercharge research and development into the new battery platform, to engineer breakthroughs in performance for future Dyson technologies. U.S. President Barack Obama congratulated Sakti3 in 2015 at the White House for its technology development.
This position will be part of our operations at Sakti3.
Operate materials characterization instruments and analyze the data
- Track and provide feedback on the key materials characteristics to the prototyping team
- Develop materials analysis methods and instrumentation
- Write the standard operating procedures for the characterization methods
- Routinely provide insights and data into trends and patterns
- Identify root causes of materials failures and make recommendations to resolve issues
Fulfill other duties as required
- Service lab instruments and provide preventive maintenance
- Handle vendor relationships related to the process, analysis tools, materials, and equipment repairs
- Travel as needed, including to Dyson locations worldwide
- Strong technical communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills to handle samples and data
- Ability to function and interact in a multilevel team environment
- 2 years’ experience working in a materials-related area
- Bachelor’s degree in science and engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Driven to get the best result
- Challenges themselves and others
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity
- Ability to offer solutions to problems, at times when under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills essential, including the ability to communicate well with a wide variety of technical staffs, of very differing levels of skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sakti3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.