Job: Quality Engineer – NORMA Group – BS ISE, Manuf., ME or similar discipline – Auburn Hills, MI
Job: Quality Engineer – Auburn Hills
Resumes to: Michele Parker email@example.com
Posting closes August 14, 2015
The quality engineer provide technical leadership for all aspects of quality engineering throughout the product realization process at NORMA. This position will handle multiple projects from product inception, development, through manufacture and customer use.
- Analyze failures, implement corrective and preventative actions to respond to customer complaints (both internal and external)
- Communicate clearly and confidently with respect to technical matters internally, with suppliers, and customers.
- Initiate actions as it is required to ensure project/team success
- Prepare accurate and timely PPAP’s for customers. Review and approve supplier PPAP’s.
- Perform quality audits of supplier operating systems as required.
- Provide technical support and training to engineering and manufacturing departments/personnel.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and feasibility review meetings.
- Join and support the Internal Audit team. Perform internal audits as necessary.
- Adhere to Norma’s Business System Policy and follow appropriate procedures as documented in the training agreements. Follow all plant and office safety rules. Keep your work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in industrial, manufacturing, mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in a manufacturing quality role.
- Complete understanding of all elements required in an A|AG formatted PPAP.
- Proficient in quality analysis tolls such as 8D, SPC, and PFMEA.
- Comprehensive understanding of TS16949 requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics that align to NORMA projected expectations.
- Fluent in English
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ASQ certification preferred.