Co-op Opportunity/BS – ET, Civil – Toledo, OH – Construction – The Douglas Company
Title: Co-op Fall 2015 – Toledo
Location: Toledo, OH
Co-Op Fall 2015 – Construction
We provide our Co-ops with real-world experience assisting with the management of multi-million dollar construction projects. Our Co-ops will assist Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Estimators with multiple phases of construction projects. Our goal is to provide an environment for aspiring construction management professionals to learn, grow and obtain necessary skills to succeed in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The Douglas Company is a leader in senior care and assisted living construction management projects with projects ranging from senior care and assisted living to skilled nursing and multi-family construction.
Our Core Values
• Great client relationships with high customer loyalty
• Integrity and professionalism in all we do
• Keeping our commitments through proactive attention to detail and execution
• Growth of our Associates and Business through learning, teamwork, and leadership
We are currently seeking Co-op applicants for the Fall 2015 semester who desire an exciting and challenging environment. Openings are available in our suburban Toledo, Ohio headquarters. Qualified applicants must be able to work at this location.
• Construction Operations
• Assist with: sub-contractor bid solicitations, sub-contractor financial reference checks, creation of Sub-contractor bid books, RFI/change order creation, updating schedules, obtaining material/service quotes, and other general project administration tasks.
• Pre-construction Operations
• Assist with: quantity take-offs, sub-contractor bid solicitations, project scheduling, researching permit procedures depending on project location, supplier bid solicitations, and other general project administration tasks.
Bachelor’s Degree in progress (Construction Management/Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering Technology required)
We offer full time availability. Typical office hours are M-F 8-5 PM
This is a paid position
The Douglas Company (www.douglascompany.com) is a fast-paced, multi-office general contracting and design/build firm, specializing in senior living and multi-family facilities. We are located in Toledo, OH and Orlando, FL. Founded in 1976, we continue to serve our clients with industry leading insight, ingenuity, value, and integrity. Our core purpose is to contribute to the success of our Clients and Associates.
Resumes for the co-op can be submitted to Matthew Pigula, firstname.lastname@example.org
REMINDER: Co-op students must work through Wayne State’s Career Services Office and attend a mandatory Co-Op meeting
Contact Maureen Johnson email@example.com