Systems Engineer Intern – Sterling Hghts, MI – So/Jr/Sr ME or pursing MS Biomed
Systems Engineer- Intern
We Save Lives!
Who Are We?
Key Safety Systems is a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of automotive safety-critical components and systems including inflators, airbags, steering wheels, and seat belts. We are proud to be the fastest growing safety restraints company in the world. Safety restraints have never been more viable in the automotive and related industries as they are today. We have received numerous awards around the world, including the following in 2015: SAIC Excellent Supplier Award, JAC S3 Strategy Supplier Award, CEO Jason Luo Named Regional EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2015, SGM Development and Innovation Award. Additionally, Inc. magazine has named KSS on its seven annual Inc. 500|5000, an exclusive ranking of the fastest growing private companies in the USA. This is the second consecutive year that KSS has received this honor: Crain’s Detroit Business.
We have an expanding global footprint with 10,000 employees residing in 34 locations in 12 different countries. Even as we grow, we are intent on having a small company feel, with collaborative, cross-functional teams and an open-door policy at all levels of our international organization. Our culture emphasizes career development, work-life balance, employee involvement activities, and best of all, the opportunity to work on meaningful products that save lives.
We are currently seeking a Systems Performance Engineer- Intern in our Sterling Heights, MI facility. If you are looking to enhance your career with a dynamic, growth company, then we encourage you to apply and join the KSS team!
What is this opportunity?
KSS Systems Engineers are primarily focused on restraint systems development, Biomechanical data analysis, integration and overall performance. Activities include, but are not limited to development of full safety systems (frontal airbags, side airbags, seatbelt …) simulation analysis, test setup and test analysis. Systems Engineers will interact directly with our customers and interior suppliers, hands-on product development, tracking performance, component testing, sled testing, full vehicle crash & modeling and related services in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
- Accept the challenge of creating full safety systems and having a direct effect on the occupant performance.
- Obtain hands-on experience in full-product-development-integration of safety systems
- Gain exposure to new CAE tools such as Hyperworks, MADYMO, LS-Dyna
- Become the company’s subject matter expert in Simulations and Systems Engineering.
- Utilize your analytical, creative problem solving, and innovative solutions skills.
- Support planning for crash and HYGE sled testing
Here’s What You Need….
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is required
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Biomechanics/Biomedical is preferred.
- 0-3 years of related experience in a similar role is required.
- Knowledge of Hyperworks, MADYMO, LS-Dyna is required.
- Experience with other dynamic analysis CAE tools such as Radioss and PamCrash is preferred.
- Prior experience with safety restraints is preferred.
The duties outlined within the job description are to be used as a guideline and are not meant to be all-inclusive of the essential functions of the position; other duties maybe assigned as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer – No Third Party Resume Submittals will be accepted.
This is a Paid Internship to start ASAP, with the opportunity to continue on through the school year.
Please submit your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org