Job: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – ME or related field
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for researching and developing ideas and processes for new product lines. Responsible for managing projects involving process development and mechanization, in context of new product development and productivity improvement in the manufacturing area. This includes initiating, evaluating and implementing solutions to design and production problems, as well as coordinating design changes and improvements necessary to improve manufacturability.
- Develops, tests, implements and documents a variety of routine to moderately complex operational sequences and processes in the manufacture of new and existing parts and/or products.
- Estimates manufacturing costs, process time and manpower requirements. Consolidates documents and presents results for review.
- Troubleshoots a variety of routine to moderately complex production problems involving continuous manufacturing processes. Investigates and determines the root cause of failures and problems. Recommends countermeasures or changes in processing methods.
- Conducts routine to moderately complex engineering trials and production process evaluations for manufacturing operations. Analyzes production data and identifies trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement. Recommends process adjustments to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency and reduce material and manpower costs.
- Creates, writes, and modifies work process procedures.
- Conducts research, compiles data and prepares reports. Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Prepares training materials and trains key production employees and production supervisors on new work procedures and manufacturing processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
6+ years of relevant experience
Working knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to the production of various products
Working knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods
Please submit pay requirements when applying
Matt Kress, MCM Staffing Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
415 W. 11 Mile Road, Madison Heights, MI 48071