Feeling stressed out is unavoidable – but how you respond determines your success. Being able to cope with overwhelming emotions allows you to stay focused and motivated!
Here’s some things I like to do when I’m stressed:
- Write in my journal – Getting the thoughts in my head out on paper frees up space for the things I want to be thinking about!
- Get organized – I ALWAYS feel better once I’m organized. Taking a break to clean my apartment, wash dishes or put away clothes makes me feel like I’m checking things off my to-do list, reducing my stress.
- Read – I keep a fictional book on my bedside so there’s a story I can get lost in for a little bit.
- Meditate – I definitely wouldn’t say I’m “good” at meditating and sometimes I’m not even sure if I’m doing it right, but spending 5 minutes just sitting and being (usually while I sip my coffee in the morning) really sets the tone for the rest of my day.
- Take a bath – After a long, stressful day, I love to a take a hot bath with my favorite bath bomb and face mask! A little self-care makes me feel ready to focus on the next task!
- Nap – I know this may seem a little counter-intuitive but if you have just an extra 30 minutes, taking a nap really gives your brain the break it needs and you’ll end up being more productive when you wake up!!
Don’t forget the top-materials from StudySoup this week to help you feel less stressed for that test!