Upcoming Flavor in Bloom Menu
On March 1, our limited time Spring menu titled “Flavor in Bloom” begins, featuring lean proteins, fresh vegetables, and fruit-infused beverages. Available for 12 or more guests, you may choose two proteins, two sauces, two sides, one dessert, and two beverages from the menu. Flavor in Bloom lasts through May 31, 2020, so make sure to order it for your next catering event! You can preview the menu here.
Did You Know?
Catering served 14,353 guests in January! If you attended an event we catered, please tell us about your recent experience here.
How To Place An Event Order
You may place your catering order by creating an account at our Catering Website at wayne.edu/catering. Orders may be placed as far out as you would like, however pricing is subject to change for orders placed more than six months out. In order to provide the best service to our clients, orders must be placed a minimum of five business days prior to the day of your scheduled event. If an order is placed less than five business days prior to your event, we will do our best to accommodate all requests, but please note that requests will be subject to availability of the products and staff and with a 20% convenience fee. To learn how to order online, watch this video.
Reminder of the Month
Please ensure all event rooms are unlocked 60 minutes prior to the event arrival time and all food and beverage tables have been ordered. If the room is locked when we arrive, we will call the contact on the event sheet. After an allotted amount of time, the catering staff must depart for their next event. The customer will have to contact the catering office about their event. There is no guarantee we will be able to return and deliver your event, at which time the customer will be responsible for picking up their order at the Catering Office. Please refer to our catering policy here.
Event Highlight: Athletic Hall of Fame
On Saturday, February 15, we provided catering for the Athletic Hall of Fame at St. Andrew’s Hall. Prior to the ceremony, guests mingled as they sipped on refreshments and enjoyed jazz music. While presenters spoke, guests began with buttered artisan rolls and spring mix greens with ranch or balsamic dressing, followed by the main course of roasted chicken breast with savory jus, fresh vegetable risotto, and roasted baby carrots. Vegetable curry with rice was offered as a vegetarian substitute. Guests concluded their meal with a delicious cheesecake with strawberry compote. Congratulations to all WSU Athletic Hall of Fame inductees!
Southwestern Shrimp Chowder
A flavorful, warm recipe to spice up the winter, from Chef John Borso.
- 3/4 cup roasted corn
- 1-1/2 teaspoon oil, 90% vegetable / 10% extra virgin olive blend
- 3-1/4 ounces yellow onion, diced
- 1-1/4 ounce celery, diced
- 1-1/4 ounce green pepper, diced
- 1/2 ounce jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 ounce garlic, minced
- 1 ounce chicken base
- 3-2/3 cups water
- 8 ounces potato, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup canned tomatillos, crushed
- 1/2 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 ounce green onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In stockpot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion. Saute until lightly caramelized, 4-6 minutes.
- Add celery, green pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Saute until celery is tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken base.
- Add water, potato, corn, tomatillo, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer until potato is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Simmer until shrimp are opaque, 2-4 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Stir in scallion and cilantro. Enjoy!
Serving size: 8 fl oz. / Portions: 6