April 2019 Newsletter
Waste Free Day
Wayne State Dining Services is partnering with Take Back The Tap, Office of Campus Sustainability, and the Student Center to eliminate waste in the SCB food court on Wednesday, April 10, from 10am to 2pm. Members of Take Back The Tap will be setting up compost and recycling stations to reduce landfill waste and educate others on how we can help our planet. A couple of the efforts from Dining Services include eliminating Styrofoam cups at WingStop and replacing the regular Panda Express takeout boxes with sugar cane compostable material. Additionally, Dining is eliminating plastic bags at Student Center retail locations, AAB/FAB PODs, and The Grind, from Monday, April 8, through Earth Day, April 22. Remember to bring a reusable bag from home during this time, if you’d like!
Thank You Thursday
- To extend our gratitude to faculty and staff for their hard work this year, all Wayne State Dining retail locations will offer $2 off $10 on Thursday, April 18.
- Locations include: Freshii, Einstein Bros Bagels/Express, Dunkin Donuts, SCB or AW Starbucks, Subway, WingStop, Taco Bell, Panda Express, Mad Anthony’s, AAB/FAB PODs, and The Grind.
Sign up for a Block Plan and Save!
- Save on lunch by purchasing a Block Plan! All-you-care-to-eat lunch is $8.50 to pay at the register, but a Block 45 Plan breaks down to $6.89 per meal. Sign up for a Block Plan today at housing.wayne.edu/cashnet
- Double Punches on your JavaCity punch card at Mad Anthony’s every Wednesday.
- Go Bigger Combo at Panda Express! 3-entree plate plus beverage for $10.
- $2 off when you buy 2 grande handcrafted beverages at Starbucks in April.
- Freshii Daily Specials are $6.50 (price excludes protein).
- Turkey Sausage & Cheddar with regular sized coffee is $6.49 this month at Einstein Bros. Bagels.
Visit our website for more information, menus, and meal plans.