Dec 11 / Brian Danz

Reflection on Typography 1

This entire experience throughout this class was very exciting and interesting. Not many times have I ever been excited to take a class in college but for this Typography 1 class, it was very different. I remember meeting with Dan to show him some of my art work and previously done work in my past typography class from Henry Ford. It was certainly bummed to find out that my first typography class did not transfer over to Wayne State. Although I was not happy about that, I am actually glad that I was able to take this Typography 1 class because I believe it was a more in-depth and more knowledgeable than my previous one. The combination of projects and experience was defiantly a great one and it gave me knowledge that I know I will be able to use in my future career. I think that everyone in our class was very supportive of each other and everyone certainly was able to bounce ideas around and that kind of communication is a great way to grow in knowledge of typography and graphic design. It was one of my favorite classes I have ever taken in my life and I look forward to using all the information I have gained in my future classes and beyond.