The James and Grace Lee Boggs School – Math Instructor
Full Time Math Instructor
Special education instructors report to the Special Education Coordinator and the Principal.
About our School
The Boggs School is a K-8 school that uses a Place-Based model of learning. Our mission is to nurture creative, critical thinkers who contribute to the well being of their communities. Our culture attracts educators who are collaborative, loving, knowledgeable, and committed to the school’s mission and its children.
This position is a unique and special opportunity at the Boggs School. We have partnered with Wayne State University’s Math Corps program to provide robust and rigorous math program that readies our students for high school math. Currently the curriculum is being taught by professors from WSU. However, to sustain the program, we are looking for someone to shadow the professors and offer the curriculum full time at our school. This position would begin in January with a semester of shadowing our excellent professors, a summer of professional development, and then full-time as the Math Corps instructor at our school. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who cares deeply about students and quality math instruction. This position requires at least a three-year commitment to ensure the quality and sustainability of the program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Shadow WSU math professors at the Boggs School to learn the curriculum and procedures of the math program
- Support Homework Club and Tutoring sessions
- Attend summer Professional Development at Wayne State
- Transition to full time math instructor at the James and Grace Lee Boggs for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Commit to at least three years of math instruction at the James and Grace Lee Boggs School
- State of Michigan Teacher Certification, required
- Instructional strength in Mathematics, as measured by degree major/minor and successful completion of WSU Math Corps diagnostic, required
- Must love math and children
- Long-term commitment (at least three years) to this position
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and initiate the interview process