Birmingham Public Schools – Kids Club Assistant
BIRMINGHAM COMMUNITY EDUCATION
BIRMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS
KIDS CLUB ASSISTANT AT GREENFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
(10 Hours Per Week/Mon. – Fri. 7:00-9:00am)
(12.5 Hours Per Week/Mon-Fri 3:30-6:00pm)
Applications are being accepted for the position of Kids Club Assistant for the K-5 childcare program at Greenfield Elementary School, which is a non-bargaining unit position. The position is available at this time with an immediate effective date.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help Kids Club Director develop and maintain a safe, nurturing, and positive environment for each child.
- Help with supervising and providing care and activities, such as crafts, games, homework help, etc…
- Interact with children to develop positive relationships.
- Contribute and gather/prepare materials as assigned by Teacher/Director.
- Act as a positive role model for children.
- Aware of and attentive to developing situations in the classroom.
- Attend Community Education Staff meetings as scheduled, school staff meetings, when required and staff development sessions conducted by the district.
- Works one on one with students or in small groups as needed.
- Prepare snack.
- Communicate verbally with parents and colleagues.
- Assume responsibility in an emergency or if Director is absent.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested by supervising Teacher/Director or CSO, which may encompass PreK through 5th grade programming.
- Must be 18 years old or older and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience interacting or supervising elementary school children is preferred.
- Bloodborne Pathogen, Playground Safety, and Epi-Pen training must be completed on-line within 90 days of employment. First Aid and CPR training preferred, but not required.
- Michigan State Police background check, fingerprinting, and Protective Services Central Registry Clearance are required before an employee may work with children.
- Professional development training sessions required throughout the year.
- A physical and TB test must be obtained, passed, and documented with physician’s signature.
START DATE: October 2018
COMPENSATION: Begins at $10.75 per hour depending on qualifications; paid sick/personal days; service credits toward retirement. No medical benefits.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Applicants, who want to be considered for this position, must submit a letter of application and resume online at www.oakland.k12.mi.us/OHRC/.