||STUDENT ASSISTANT – MATH TUTOR
|Days/hours & duration of job:
||Up to 20 hours/week, 10-week semester schedule
||$11.00 – $12.00/hour, depending on experience
|Employment Start Date:
||2018 Spring semester
||Provide tutoring to adult learners as follows:
- Reinforces math skills/concepts to individual or small groups of adult students.
- Provides assistance to instructor and recruitment of participants.
- Assists with specific tasks as required by adult student needs.
- Assists with materials to help meet individual differences.
- Assists with organizing and arranging instructional activities.
- Utilizes various instruction supportive methods, including tactile, visual, and aural learning preferences.
- Incorporates real-world context into classroom settings.
- Works with program manager to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Uses interactive and participatory methods to empower students.
- Attends and participates in orientation, completion celebration and post-class meetings.
Other related duties as required.
||Junior or Senior class status, Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Demonstrated high degree of sensitivity, empathy, interest, understanding, ability, knowledge and experience working with adult students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Sensitivity, creativity and an understanding of students enrolled in adult basic education. Strong analytical and conflict resolutions kills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to speak effectively in front of a group. Strong organizational skills. Reliable and innovative with customer service orientation. Commitment to working with an enthusiastic and dedicated team. Reliable transportation.
Classes held at Focus: HOPE, 1200 Oakman Dr., Detroit and Mack Alive, 3746 Fischer St., Detroit
||Email Resume and 2018 Spring/Summer Class Schedules to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On subject line of email indicate: Applying for Student Assistant – Math Tutor position
Due to high volume of applicants, please NO CALLS OR WALK INS. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.