Mercy High School Employment Opportunity – Guidance Counselor
Mercy High School in Farmington Hills has need for a full-time Counselor to service students in grades 10-12 for the 2018-2019 school year.
The primary role of a Mercy High School Counselor is to support the social, emotional, and academic needs of each student. Mercy’s Counseling Department helps students to make decisions and accept responsibility for their choices. Students meet with counselors in individual and group sessions, classroom visits, and peer mediations, when needed. This specific Counselor position involves significant guidance for students and parents in the college search, planning, and application process.
- M.A. in Guidance and Counseling or Social Work
- Prior experience in secondary counseling (grades 9 – 12)
- Prior experience advising students through the college application/admission process
- LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) or
- LLPC (Limited Licensed Professional Counselor) or
- MSW (Masters in Social Work) or
- LMSW (Licensed Social Worker)
- Maintain ethical standards of Counseling as provided by the American School Counselor Association
- Exceptional verbal and written skills in communicating with Administrators, Teachers, Parents, and teenage females
- Strong presentation abilities
- Sensitivity to, knowledge of, and respect for cultural, religious, and socio-economic differences
- Experience in data collection & analyzation
- Open to professional feedback and encouraged growth
- Serious candidates will need to demonstrate both an aptitude and an enthusiastic curiosity toward the investigation of technological tools and their use in providing counseling services.
The Archdiocese of Detroit is an equal opportunity employer that does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital or other legally protected status.
Mercy High School, a Catholic college preparatory school immersed in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, educates and inspires young women of diverse backgrounds to lead and serve with compassion.
Interested candidates must send a letter of interest, resume, and proof of credentials to Counseling Secretary, Jennifer Burek Email: email@example.com
WOMEN WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
29300 W. 11 Mile Road • Farmington Hills, MI 48336-1409 • (248) 476-8020
Fax (248) 476-3691 • www.mhsmi.org