Southgate Community Schools Employment Opportunity – Licensed Social Worker (Elementary Buildings)
Candidate must be Licensed LMSW or LLMSW and have MDE approval for School Social Worker with a NT Endorsement (elementary preferred).
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Implement the Elementary guidance curriculum
- Provide individual student planning activities
- Provide responsive services by facilitating education support groups and support for individual students with specific needs
- Consult and collaborate with teachers, staff and parents/guardians regarding the development needs of students
- Refer students, as needed, to district and community resources in consultation with their parents/guardians
- Assist in designing programs and activities to address needs/problems identified through MI PHY and other student surveys
- Supervise implementation of PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention & Support)
SALARY: In accordance with the UTS Contract (http://www.southgateschools.com/files/finance/contracts2013-2018/uts2013-2018.pdf)
STARTING DATE: ASAP
TO APPLY: Please visit: www.southgateschools.com, click on HR, select Employment, Job Opportunities.
DEADLINE: Until Filled
Must meet health requirements as required by performance responsibilities
The Southgate Community School District reserves the right to make changes to this job posting and performance responsibilities whenever necessary
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age,
religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected
Classes”), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.