Belle Isle Park – Volunteers
Belle Isle Park is currently seeking dynamic, park loving, Detroit enthusiasts to join their team of volunteers. No experience necessary- just a positive attitude and a commitment to volunteer at least two shifts each month.
Below is the process to become a volunteer:
- Complete the online application
- RSVP and attend New Volunteer Orientation
- Saturday September 9th 10am-11:30am
- Saturday November 4th 10am -11:30am
- Invitation to RSVP comes immediately after you submit your online application
- Sign up and attend onsite training
- Scheduled within two weeks of orientation; dates communicated at orientation
- Greeters: One 2- hour training at the facility that you choose to volunteer
- Docents: Six half day trainings thought the fall
- Volunteer shifts are 3.5 hours each. You as asked to commit to two volunteer shifts a month.
- The time you give to Belle Isle is both impactful and very much appreciated. Volunteers who serve 50 hours a year will receive an invitation to a formal Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. Additional events are scheduled throughout the year in celebration of the dynamic volunteer support on Belle Isl
Greeter at the Belle Isle Aquarium
Volunteer Greeters are truly the face of the Belle Isle Aquarium. They are a friendly smile, welcoming visitors to the facility and available to answer general questions. Training is provided. Shifts are 3.5 hours and are available both morning and afternoon on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Greeter at the Belle Isle Conservatory
Volunteer Greeters are truly the face of our beautiful Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory. As a Greeters, you be stationed at the front desk and available to greet visitors and answer general questions. Training is provided. Shifts are 3.5 hours and available both morning and afternoon, Wednesday through Sunday.
Are you interested in learning more about the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory or the Belle Isle Aquarium in order to share it with our visitors? We are currently accepting applications for docents to lead tours at both facilities. Submit your online application and come see what School and Youth Programs and Adult Tours are all about!
For additional information, please visit https://www.belleisleconservancy.org