University of Central Arkansas – Instructional Designer
UCA’s Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) is seeking an experienced instructional designer to join our dream team. The Instructional Designer will support faculty in designing, developing, and delivering online, blended, and traditional/face-to-face courses. The position is located on the UCA campus in Conway, Arkansas, recently voted the most beautiful college campus in Arkansas.
Apply Now @ https://jobs.uca.edu
University of Central Arkansas Employment Opportunities
Welcome to UCA. Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Central Arkansas. Founded in 1907, UCA has an enrollment of approximately 11,500, of …
See full job description below:
Duties and Responsibilities
● Provide faculty training, consultation, and support in both individual and group settings for the design, development, and delivery of online and traditional courses.
● Coordinate instructional design projects from inception to completion.
● Coach faculty to employ best practices in teaching, through the lens of continuous improvement.
● Apply rubrics to courses to facilitate quality instruction.
● Design and develop instructional materials in various multimedia formats, including graphics, multimedia, video, web pages, tutorials, in both digital and print formats.
● Provide assistance to faculty in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia.
● Research and recommend best practices in teaching, instructional resources, and instructional technologies to support teaching and learning.
● Build and maintain strong relationships with faculty from a variety of disciplines and with varying levels of experience in teaching and technology integration.
● Develop, deliver, and/or facilitate various workshops and learning communities to facilitate the effective use of instructional technologies and best practices in teaching.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of CTE.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Training in academic and/or corporate settings
● Instructional design systems such as ADDIE, Kemp, and Backwards Design
● Effective multimedia design
● Innovative and engaging learning materials
● Online course development and instructional media integration
● User support for various learning technologies
● Industry-standard multimedia and graphic design applications (video editing tools, e-authoring tools, graphic design tools, etc.)
● Customer service and problem resolution techniques
● Effective communication with diverse groups of faculty, staff, and other constituents
● Project management
● Mobile learning
● Commitment to a collaborative approach to faculty development
● Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, learning media, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
● Two years instructional design and development work experience, including extensive online instructional design experience.
● Experience working with a learning management system such as Blackboard.
● Experience in designing learning experiences, facilitating training, and delivering presentations to adult learners.
● Five or more years of instructional design and development experience.
● Successful online and/or hybrid teaching experience in higher education.
● Experience implementing a variety of quality rubrics for quality assurance purposes.
● Knowledge of emerging technologies and innovative instructional approaches.
● Experience with learning platforms including Blackboard Collaborate, Respondus, Tegrity, Web Tools, G Suite, etc.
UCA EEO Statement:
The University of Central Arkansas is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution dedicated to attracting and supporting a diverse student, faculty and staff population through enhanced multicultural learning environments and opportunities. In keeping with its nondiscrimination policy in employment, admissions and other functions and programs, the university considers employees and students on the basis of individual merit and will not discriminate against a person on the basis of, race or color, ethnicity, religion, spiritual beliefs, national origin, age, familial status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs, intellectual perspective, genetic information, military status, or other factors irrelevant to participation in its programs.
Background Check Statement:
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry, financial history background check and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.