Northwestern University (Searle Center) – Senior Program Coordinator
The Graduate and Postdoctoral programs at Northwestern University’s Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching is now accepting applications for a Senior Program Coordinator. This person will collaborate with the director of the Graduate and Postdoctoral Programs in programming development, planning, and implementation, as well as oversee program management from recruitment and application processes to implementation and evaluation. They will become part of a collaborative team of two graduate assistants, the programs director, and staff to plan and organize programs.
Please see the full position description for more details and contact Nancy Ruggeri at email@example.com with any questions.
Senior Program Coordinator, Graduate and Postdoctoral Programs
Northwestern University’s Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching invites applicants for the position of Program Coordinator for our Graduate and Postdoctoral Programs.
This is a full-time position, beginning May, 2017. The position is located on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University.
This position collaborates with the director of the Graduate and Postdoctoral Programs in programming development, planning, and implementation. The Senior Program Coordinator oversees program management from recruitment and application processes to implementation and evaluation. They collaborate closely with a team of two graduate assistants, program director, and staff to plan and organize programs and are responsible for supervising and training 20-25 New TA Conference Workshop Leaders each year, facilitating programs, and co-administering the graduate programs budget.
Specific responsibilities include (please see full description online):
• Overseeing & ensuring that day-to-day operations are appropriately managed, efficient and effective.
• Planning and organizing the daylong New TA Conference (NTAC), an annual event serving 350 new TAs each September.
• Recruiting, interviewing, managing, organizing, and facilitating the New TA Conference Workshop Leaders Program, summer training for 20-25 graduate students who lead workshops at the New TA Conference.
• Managing operations of the Teaching Certificate Program (TCP), including the application process, data, developing programming, scheduling, and facilitation.
• Overseeing and managing training and organization of the Searle Graduate and Postdoctoral Workshops led by graduate students throughout the year.
• Collaborate with director and staff to manage CIRTL (Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning) at Northwestern initiatives.
• Manage operations of Graduate Teaching Mentors (GTM) and Graduate Teaching Fellows (GTF) programs, including assisting with recruitment, application, scheduling, and event planning.
The position requires a master’s degree or above in education, humanities, social science, or science, higher education administration, or a related field (or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired), as well as 2+ years of experience in program coordination in higher education setting.
Required skills and abilities include enthusiasm for student learning, superior interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of teaching & learning at the college level, commitment to improving learning experiences for students, and flexibility and comfort with the challenges of developing new initiatives. Also required are strong computer skills and basic knowledge of data collection and management for program evaluation.
Please apply online at http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/. Click on External Applicants, and then search for Job Opening ID# 30826. Look for job title “Senior Program Coordinator”. Northwestern University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer. Employment eligibility required upon hire.