Cranbrook Swim Club – Pool Manager
Seasonal Stipend (May-Sept): $10,000-$20,000 + Bonus
ASSITANT POOL MANAGER:
Seasonal Stipend (May-Sept): $7,000-12,000 + Bonus
CRANBROOK SWIM CLUB: Southfield, Michigan
General Functions: Coordinate and supervise the daily operations of Cranbrook Swim Club. The Pool Manager is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the pools, tennis courts, grounds, and facilities. The Manager will supervise the lifeguards, assistant managers, and concession staff. Purchasing and cash management responsibilities may also be a function required in this position. Pool Managers will be required to wear identification while on duty. Pool operation, first aid, and lifeguard management training will be completed and reimbursed prior to employment.
Principal Activities (included but not limited to):
Pool Facility Manager
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, and friendly environment by delegating daily tasks to staff
- Approve lifeguard work schedules to ensure proper staffing of facility
- Inventory and order club supplies. Schedule timely delivery of pool chemicals
- Interact professionally with members and guests regarding concerns, rules, or significant issues
- Provide daily and overall supervision of lifeguards including rotations and breaks
- Enforce policies, club rules, and procedures
- Access website for events and parties to coordinate event set up and additional staff coverage
- Review and approve lifeguard, assistant manager, and staff payroll timesheets and submit online in a timely manner to meet payroll deadlines
- Coordinate ongoing training and evaluation of staff members. Conduct monthly staff meetings and provide on-going in-service training and safety checks with lifeguards to assure the safest environment possible
- Perform routine equipment maintenance, water chemistry tests, and documentation (training provided)
- Responsible for maintaining good water quality standards for pools
- Inspect the overall facility daily for safety concerns and coordinate repairs with trade professionals from preapproved list. Work with board members for instruction on how to solve any unusual maintenance
- Communicate and coordinate with members of the Board Trustees, as necessary
This list of principal activities is not intended to be a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities.
Work Environment for Pool Facility Manager:
Required to work schedule with varying hours (early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays). Work is performed outside in prevailing weather conditions. Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time. May be required to handle or work with pool chemicals. Manual labor required. Must exercise good judgment and act responsibly in life-threatening situations. Comfortable working with families, children, and adolescent employees.
Preferred Qualifications for Pool Facility Manager:
Position requires lifeguard experience (as a qualified lifeguard) or complete lifeguard and/or first aid training prior to employment. This employee should have excellent organizational, communication, and hospitality skills. Preferred applicants enrolled in Sports Administration, Physical Education, or Hospitality degree coursework. 21+ years of age and pass background check.
Required Licensing and Certification for Pool Facility Manager:
- American Red Cross First Aid Certification
- American Red Cross CPR or Red Cross Basic Life Support for the Professional Rescuer
- Red Cross Advanced Lifesaving Certificate or Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate
- Pool Operator Certification (CSC will reimburse all course fees upon successful completion)
All certifications must be current and on file prior to the 1st day of employment
APPLY: Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org