Cesar Chavez Academy Intermediate – 4th Grade Classroom Teacher Job Posting
JOB SUMMARY: To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a 4th grade learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the school leader and instructional coach.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning with grade level team.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work and assessments.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching.
- Michigan State certification in teaching K-5 self-contained.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
About our school:
Cesar Chavez Academy Intermediate provides a safe and friendly work environment with a family feel. CCA Intermediate offers education to grade 3-5 with 6 classrooms per grade level and high enrollment. Last year, the academy was highlighted at Wayne RESA for our School Wide Positive Behavior Supports program for having one of the lowest office referral data in the county.
The Cesar Chavez Academy District is the oldest and largest charter school in the state. CCA offers competitive salary and benefits including 401K, health insurance with low cost, dental and eye care coverage.