Health Educator – School Based and Community Health Program
Henry Ford Hospital Health Educator – School Based and Community Health Program
The Health Educator works in partnership with the Program Coordinator and RN Supervisors to deliver the required prevention activities and objectives for the School Based and Community Health Program (SBCHP) health education, community health and health promotion grant requirements. The Health Educator is responsible for assisting the Program Coordinator and RN Supervisors to initiate, schedule, implement and evaluate evidence based health education sessions, prevention programming, community health initiatives and health promotion interventions in accordance with grant requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works collaboratively with SBCHP Group Practice Director, Program Coordinator, Health Educators, RN Supervisors, clinic staff, community members and advisory members to ensure grant objectives and requirements are accomplished in the funding year.
2. Provides evidence based health promotion and wellness educational programming to students, families, school staff, and/or community groups in alignment with grant requirements and objectives.
3. Coordinates, plans, schedules and implements school-wide prevention programming, community health initiatives and group health education interventions for youth, school staff, families and community groups.
4. Promotes HFHS SBCHP Health Centers and health services. Identifies students needing medical and behavioral health referrals to clinic staff on an as needed basis. Provides Medicaid outreach.
5. Participates in HFHS SBCHP Health Center staff rounds to communicate with staff and promote a more consistent integrated and effective program.
6. Attends staff meetings to discuss administrative and implementation issues.
7. Coordinates the collection and validation of the program data.
8. Available to make presentations to the community.
9. Available to travel within the state of Michigan (overnight) for statewide health screenings.
10. Available to support marketing efforts.
11. Share responsibility with all staff to implement other clinical initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health Education, Public Health or other related discipline.
- Two to five (2-5) years of experience.
- Ability to prepare and effectively deliver education programs and materials to adolescents, parents/guardians, school staff and community groups.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as general interpersonal
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health
care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes
the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health
insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory
network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a
full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care.
The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600
employees. Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The
health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness
and access to day care services at Bright Horizons Midtown Detroit, and a whole host of other
benefits and services.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.