Davis Junior High School (Utica Community Schools) – Tutoring
Date Posted: 10/17/2016
Location: Davis Junior High School
Date of Availability: October 2016
Date Closing: Post until filled
Job Title: AVID Tutor
Hourly Rate: $10.00/hour
Hours: Tu & Th/ 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Start Date: October 2016
End Date: June 2017
AVID tutors work with small groups of students during the AVID Elective classes under the supervision of an AVID teacher. Tutors must attend training classes and will utilize AVID learning strategies while tutoring.
AVID tutors are members of the building’s student support team to promote positive student behavior and academic excellence. Demonstrated human relations skills, excellent communication skills, attendance, and punctuality are required. Demonstrated ability to interact with students, parents, staff, and community in a tactful and courteous manner. Must also be able to work in a diverse environment and participate as a member of the team.
AVID Website: www.avid.org
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to AVID Elective classes.
- Attend AVID training sessions, in order to thoroughly understand AVID’s mission and the AVID tutorial process.
- Show initiative by doing what needs to be done without waiting to be asked.
- Provide academic support for students in rigorous classes.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for AVID students.
- Actively participate in collaborative groups and tutorials.
- May participate in AVID field trips and motivational activities.
- Become familiar with and adhere to district and school policies and procedures.
Application Procedure – email letter of interest/introduction and resume to Brian Shepard at Brian.Shepard@uticak12.org