|Position Available: Program Coordinator — Health and Wellness
Affirmations, metro Detroit’s community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) people and their allies seeks a Program Coordinator.
Reporting to the Program Services Director, the Program Coordinator oversees the coordination of all health and wellness programs. In this role, the Program Coordinator will coordinate all health and wellness program activities, prepare and maintain program materials and education curriculums, conduct outreach, facilitate education programs and maintain accurate program records and files.
- Implement and oversee all tobacco related prevention work.
- Coordinate, promote, and schedule HIV/STI prevention and testing programs, including PREP work.
- Create and implement data/demographic tracking/referral systems for all health and wellness events.
- Assist in support and discussion groups.
- Coordinate and promote monthly community holistic health sessions.
- Develop, schedule and facilitate education programs
- Coordinate and promote weekly physical fitness activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate quarterly health providers professional meetings.
- Communicate regularly with and provide timely updates to Program Services Director and various program partners.
- Monitor and support progress towards program outcomes and record data on attendance, completion of program activities, and evaluation data.
- Provide assistance in program-wide efforts such as outreach & recruitment, budgeting and building community partnerships.
- Support Program staff, events, and meetings
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong communication and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated competence in coordinating program calendars, timelines and activities;
- Demonstrated competence in special events planning;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Available to work evenings and some weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Google; ability to quickly learn other computer programs.
- Competence in working non-judgmentally with diverse populations; strong commitment to diversity and inclusion (see Statement of Inclusiveness Principles).
Reports to the Program Services Director
Full-Time, Non-Exempt position
No phone calls please.
It is the policy of Affirmations to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliation, veteran status, familial status, handicap or disability status, or a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or other legally protected status in accordance with state or federal law. The policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits and all other aspects of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
Apply Here Today!