Muskegon Public Schools – Elementary School Teaching/Curriculum Resource Teacher
Category: Elementary School Teaching/Curriculum Resource Teacher
Date Posted: 9/12/2016
Location: Nelson Elementary
Date of Availability: September 2016
Date Closing: 9/16/2016 at 4:00 p.m.
Posting: #018 – Apply Now
Position: Family Liaison/Coach
Deadline: September 16, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
Terms: This is a full-time, 188 days per year, position with full benefits.
Salary: Commensurate with credentials and level of experience and in accordance with current MPS Salary Schedules. Full benefit package.
Classification: MCTEA Teacher
The Family Liaison/Coach will provide job-embedded, on-going guidance, support, and coaching for existing Nelson staff who provide information on programs, services and procedures; referring families to appropriate resources including community agencies, and fostering an ongoing partnership between the home, school, and community.
- Master’s degree or equivalent training in curriculum, instruction, and leadership is preferred; OR Bachelor’s degree in family and/or mental health services with three years of experience.
- Master’s degree in a related mental health/behavioral field is preferred.
- Valid Michigan elementary teaching certificate
- Three years of experience in a K-12 setting and three years of leadership experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating with community leaders and organizations (e. g. businesses, landlords, shelters, etc.) for the purpose of building resources and expanding program capabilities to assist families.
- Communicating with parents on behalf of the school to ensure an ongoing partnership between the home and school is formed.
- Developing programs and activities designed to engage families in improving student achievement.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student and family information for the purpose of following the legal requirements and professional standards.
- Coordinating home visits for identified students in order to help parents and caregivers to reinforce the building of academic skills.
- Developing and implementing Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports.
- Developing effective communication systems between instructional staff and those staff providing follow-up for office discipline referrals.
Please apply through our online application system, AppliTrack.
Click on – Job Listings (at the top of your screen)
Click on the link to fill out a job application
Please follow directions carefully and review your application for accuracy.
Be sure your application contains the following:
- A cover letter stating your interest.
- A current resume listing experience, qualifications plus other relevant information.
- A current transcript and/or a copy of your teaching certificate.
Muskegon Public Schools uses the AppliTrack system from Frontline Technologies to manage employment applications online