Muskegon Public Schools – Elementary School Principal
Location: Marquette Elementary
Date of Availability: September 2016
Date Closing: Until filled
Posting: #014 – Apply Now
Muskegon Public Schools currently has an open position for an Elementary Principal at Marquette School. This position is 208.5 days per year with an excellent salary and benefit package.
The Elementary Principal’s primary responsibility is leadership for academic excellence in an urban elementary school where effective teaching and learning, innovation, reform, and high expectations for student achievement are an ongoing commitment. Our schools serve a population diverse in many ways. It is critical that the leader is knowledgeable about and sensitive to this diversity. The successful candidate will show evidence of: A personal commitment that all students can learn; effective supervision of instructional programs; an understanding of and sensitivity to minority cultures; an ability to analyze instructional needs, develop and assist in implementation of a plan for improvement; an ability to work cooperatively with a school community – teachers, students, parents; and a commitment to involve others in decision making.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers the general policies, procedures, and programs of the system as they apply to his/her school.
- Serves as the instructional leader for the building.
- Guides and coordinates the use of the school facility by all school personnel and outside agencies.
- Participates in the determination of building needs in regard to programs and curriculum.
- Assumes the overall responsibility for the conduct and discipline of pupils and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Provides an environment, which will ensure the health, safety and well being of both students and staff.
- Sets the tone for the school and establishes an atmosphere which is well-ordered, friendly, conducive to good teaching and learning and promotes positive staff communications.
- Masters or higher degree
- Current elementary teaching certificate
- Must have a minimum of three years elementary teaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Please apply through our online application system, AppliTrack.
Click on – Job Listings (at the top of your screen)
Click on the link to fill out a job application
Please follow directions carefully and review your application for accuracy.
Be sure your application contains the following:
- A cover letter stating your interest.
- A current resume listing experience, qualifications plus other relevant information.
- A current transcript and/or a copy of your teaching certificate.
Muskegon Public Schools uses the AppliTrack system from Frontline Technologies to manage employment applications online.